Retiring Soon - open speculation

9 minutes ago, trekgate502 said:

I could live on pizza and spaghetti alone

I would post a consolidated update to assist but it would probably be blindly deleted without notification like my last message just tried to have some fun like Ed Mack did in saying sands of time.  Get all kinds of grumpy responses.  It is amazing to wonder why I stopped almost all of my worthwhile posts last year, one person of importance on here recently told me I should post my sand crawler news and I said no.  After Ed posted what he did I jumped in.  What happens ? Let the hate flow.  Please you all can delete the last 24 hours of posts and I will go back to my hole in the ground.  Thanks for your kindness.  I'll keep my knowledge to myself if this is how I am treated.

I would be very disappointed if u do this.  Some of us part-time lurkers enjoy your posts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Well, @Alpinemaps said "no" and some of us agree ;)

respectfully if you all are saying "No" and I am saying this seriously not argumentatively

please tell Ed Mack to stop giving veiled hints about retirement with code names and hints like he has on so many over the last few years

someone beat him up over it instead of just me calling something Bessie and letting the hate flow from mods

seriously I wish someone would delete every post I have made since this morning on this topic and all responses from people related to it

lets get it out of here and I will get back out of here too

I do not need this

I think if Ed Mack does it trek should also be able to do it. 

Mods don't have to like it just don't censor it. Let the audience decide if a code name catches or not. 

If somebody wants to give info and say it all on spanish or chinese let them. Those who care for that info will figure it out the rest can just ignore it and go with their day as normal. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, waydog said:

I would be very disappointed if u do this.  Some of us part-time lurkers enjoy your posts.

thanks waydog I really do appreciate it

I recently told someone of importance on here that I do not post any more because of all the repercussions that happen every time I post

they encouraged me to post about the sand crawler yesterday and I said no I lurk now and do not post because of the responses people give I do not want to subject myself to some of it

I do not care in essence what people say or do or respond - whatever of course that is the internet

but why I subject myself to being involved in getting some of the responses I have no idea

fast forward to today

I decided to join in after Ed posted and have some fun with it while sharing news and low and behold I got back what I told the person yesterday I wanted to avoid

I regret I did post and should have stuck with my initial instinct

back to my hole many will miss me but many mods will be happy I can only assume

ps I am done posting on this topics mods and please do not pm me, do what you wish

Edited by trekgate502
  • Like 1

respectfully if you all are saying "No" and I am saying this seriously not argumentatively

please tell Ed Mack to stop giving veiled hints about retirement with code names and hints like he has on so many over the last few years

someone beat him up over it instead of just me calling something Bessie and letting the hate flow from mods

seriously I wish someone would delete every post I have made since this morning on this topic and all responses from people related to it

lets get it out of here and I will get back out of here too

I do not need this

Yeah but Ed owns the site so he can do whatever he wants. I have to agree that this code name stuff was pretty lame. Not calling you out specifically but most people read this thread to get information not to play word games.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, MathBuilder said:

I think if Ed Mack does it trek should also be able to do it. 

Mods don't have to like it just don't censor it. Let the audience decide if a code name catches or not. 

If somebody wants to give info and say it all on spanish or chinese let them. Those who care for that info will figure it out the rest can just ignore it and go with their day as normal. 

It wasn't censored, it went on all day. Play code names if you like. It doesn't mean others can't give their opinion on it. 

And Ed Mack has his own set of rules that don't necessarily apply to anyone else. ;)

1 minute ago, jbacunn said:

Yeah but Ed owns the site so he can do whatever he wants. I have to agree that this code name stuff was pretty lame. Not calling you out specifically but most people read this thread to get information not to play word games.

fair enough, no offense taken, professional response on your part and back to my hole with my information

Just now, jbacunn said:

Trek made 1 comment in the raffle thread in a joking fashion in response to Ed's hint yesterday.  It was moved here where 2 pages + posts ensued so not really his fault.  Obviously over 2 pages of people commented on it so it had some relevance to others or they would not have even commented on anything and gone about there daily business.

Not his fault it got moved to a thread where other people follow more.  

Some members here think this is a democracy..........how cute!

14 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

By "pretty lame" you probably meant super lame.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, trekgate502 said:

back to my hole many will miss me but many mods will be happy I can only assume

ps I am done posting on this topics mods and please do not pm me, do what you wish

Trek, post what you want.  If you got good info to back it up, then post it.  If people find it useful then great.  But please, no Trek pity parties.  No one is forcing you to do anything.  Obviously something is wrong if you come in for one day, post something and now your running out all upset. Not one other forum poster has this issue that you do.  Where is the old Trek, not this super sensitive version of Trek? 

Guest brickcrazyhouse
53 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

here is one folks to take to the bank.
around and around we go until the spinning stops and it's time to pack it up. 

get your frisbees dreidel now  before you miss out

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

1 minute ago, fossilrock said:

Yeah I thought calling it bessie sort of fits since it's a slow lumbering brown beast… I mean, i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, and I figured out in two seconds what you were talking about. 

I think we'll ad this name to the curse word table.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

get your frisbees dreidel now  before you miss out

"The dreidel is a Jewish variant on the teetotum, a gambling toy found in many European cultures. Each side of the dreidel bears a letter of the Hebrew alphabet: נ (Nun), ג (Gimel), ה (He), ש (Shin), which together form the acronym for "נס גדול היה שם" (Nes Gadol Hayah Sham – "a great miracle happened there")."

I always learn the oddest things on BP. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mos_Eisley said:

I sure hope this doesn't become a thing.  These are probably the lamest few pages I've ever read on these forums.

1 hour ago, jaisonline said:

please don't.  most sets already have too many names: 10188, live star, ds, 10188 ds, 10188-1, etc...

43 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

No.

32 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

The Force. Contacts. The Insiders. Gut feeling. Reading Ed's mind. What does it matter.  It's 100% solid speculation ;)

Well, @Alpinemaps said "no" and some of us agree ;)

6 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Some members here think this is a democracy..........how cute!

By "pretty lame" you probably meant super lame.

Jeff I appreciate your post

That being said I know this is not a democracy

However there are two things that I expect of a professional website

One that forums have extremely professional mods showing the utmost in respect, dignity, posting content and such in each and every post (my opinion not yours or anyone else)

And two that members do what the mods say

Based on the five mod posts above (not all directed at me but all at the topic) I certainly feel like I was told to not do it again

And I think much but not all of it in an unprofessional manner

Since that is the way it is, and I seem to draw the mods ire, I know my place on this site

In the past when I had issues and snarky responses it was primarily from mods that caused me to go into my black hole

I do not have to deal with this, not a pity party, just a fact

- Trek

• Like 1