Retiring Soon - open speculation

Had to backtrack 2 pages to finally get what was all this Bessie talk. Is all this fuss just based on the Ed Mack "sands of time" comment or is there any other evidence? I would have thought EV would go way before Bessie. I see it currently only at WM and LEGO Shop at Home. No target and no Amazon, did the horde have a BBQ in just 4 hours?  

• Like 1

I remember being berated back in the other OOS thread for just mentioning it could be beginning to dance on the floor when it started sporadically going out of stock in some places.  I believe back then it was also gone in a few other stores.  I just think it's done that dance once, and it may do it again.  Lego will surely crank out 2 or 3 more production runs for you guys to stock up 20 a piece.  So, just remember that.  I'd love to see it go, even if i'm not at my target, because it would be nice to watch this one break a grand in a year, but then on cue the who song "won't get fooled again" starts playing on repeat in my head…  

Edited by fossilrock

Had to backtrack 2 pages to finally get what was all this Bessie talk. Is all this fuss just based on the Ed Mack "sands of time" comment or is there any other evidence? I would have thought EV would go way before Bessie. I see it currently only at WM and LEGO Shop at Home. No target and no Amazon, did the horde have a BBQ in just 4 hours?  

EV is available at Amazon...

I remember the rumor that the Hoth Attack set was supposed to come out last October.  Then it never did, then it was moved to January, then that never happened.  Now, it's rumored to be May the 4th.  Regardless, i've always wondered if EV potential retirement would dance around when that set is released.  But, maybe not.  It seemed that a few weeks ago, everyone and their mom were hoarding EV, and now it's looking like it can be super hoarded, if you want it.  That set remains a really good EOL unknown..  I'd put more of my bet on the other little brown guys that drive around a nuk powered rig.

12 minutes ago, MathBuilder said:

I know, I am talking about Bessie being out of stock at amazon and how the ewoks keep coming back while I had expected them to be gone first! Hence my frustration/skepticism.

Bloody Ewoks...

Now, does anyone have any ideas whether in general the influx of TFA sets has really did hit the production capacity for non-Star Wars sets? What happened to all of the shortages that were rumoured through Novermber-January (except for the JW sets, of course)?

33 minutes ago, MathBuilder said:

that is correct it disappeared from target, target eBay and amazon in the last 48 hours and amazon did not have a more on the way

that being said the horde did not do it per se this was not discussed actively on bp I enjoyed letting it slowly disappear it slowly trickled down on count at both sites I had been watching but someone on this board ahem to them if they are reading this discussed sand and time so I thought I should start talking about bessie

would be nice if this one went the old fashioned way .... very little hoarding and disappearing off into the sunset

one can hope

I propose that from now on we assign codenames to all sets worthy of retirement speculation, and use the official name in all other threads, but the codename only in this thread. To find the set behind the codename would require reading several pages of history, spread out over the entire threads length, to avoid easy peeks .... Sort of like a Dan Brown novel :)

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I propose that from now on we assign codenames to all sets worthy of retirement speculation, and use the official name in all other threads, but the codename only in this thread. To find the set behind the codename would require reading several pages of history, spread out over the entire threads length, to avoid easy peeks .... Sort of like a Dan Brown novel :)

Let's not, that ain't rite.....

pm sent we do not want to actually say on this thread the name of the set

but happy to help an italian any time

by the way I love pizza, spaghetti and meat balls and garlic bread

not sure which of those came from italy and which did not !

Pizza e spaghetti, of course :-)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phil B said:

please don't.  most sets already have too many names: 10188, live star, ds, 10188 ds, 10188-1, etc...

34 minutes ago, Phil B said:

No.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, glucapg said:

Pizza e spaghetti, of course :-)

I could live on pizza and spaghetti alone

3 minutes ago, Brickerbrack said:

That was annoying.  Had to go back about a week to figure out what was going on.  

Carry on.

I would post a consolidated update to assist but it would probably be blindly deleted without notification like my last message just tried to have some fun like Ed Mack did in saying sands of time.  Get all kinds of grumpy responses.  It is amazing to wonder why I stopped almost all of my worthwhile posts last year, one person of importance on here recently told me I should post my sand crawler news and I said no.  After Ed posted what he did I jumped in.  What happens ? Let the hate flow.  Please you all can delete the last 24 hours of posts and I will go back to my hole in the ground.  Thanks for your kindness.  I'll keep my knowledge to myself if this is how I am treated.

Edited by trekgate502

1 minute ago, trekgate502 said:

I could live on pizza and spaghetti alone

Look what you started, now 2 pages of people referring to a Sandcrawler as a cow instead of a Sandcrawler and Mos Eisley having to read 2 pages of the lamest forums he's ever read...

To bad another Barnyard wasn't coming out right now, they'd love the publicity

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yinchuan said:

And you base this prognostication on...?

The Force. Contacts. The Insiders. Gut feeling. Reading Ed's mind. What does it matter.  It's 100% solid speculation ;)

1 minute ago, Mos_Eisley said:

Just for the record, nobody is saying you can't play codename games if that's what entertains you. I was just giving my opinion on the subject. 

Well, @Alpinemaps said "no" and some of us agree ;)

• Like 1