Retiring Soon - open speculation

Don't they usually leave 2 large technic sets from one wave to sell with the next wave? For instance the 42008 and 42009 from the 2013 wave was sold along with 42020-42030. I assumed 42030 and either 42025 or 42029 would stick around with the 2015 wave through this year but it appears only 42030 will. Why is only one set from the 2014 wave sticking around?

Coming back from the dead: 75058 MTT was until yesterday listed as a "retired product" in Europe and "sold out" in the US (I happen to have checked this for an article I wrote so I'm completely sure).

Today it says "temporarily out of stock / retiring product" on the Dutch LEGO Shop at Home site. The US site still lists it as sold out. This proofs again that the use of the term 'retired product' on LEGO Shop at Home is neither absolute nor holy. There are exceptions to every rule.

7 minutes ago, Roy vd M. said:

Coming back from the dead: 75058 MTT was until yesterday listed as a "retired product" in Europe and "sold out" in the US (I happened to have checked this for an article I wrote so I'm completely sure).

Today it says "temporarily out of stock" on the Dutch LEGO Shop at Home site. The US site still lists it as sold out.  

Yes this happened for a few of he retired set's earlier today, including the red 5 and tumbler. Potentially a glitch though, but cannot confirm. 

• Like 2

On 1/26/2016 at 4:33 PM, darkhorseoflego said:

Yes this happened for a few of he retired set's earlier today, including the red 5 and tumbler. Potentially a glitch though, but cannot confirm. 

Not sure about the others, but for Tumbler, when you click on it, it just takes you to "Page Not Found".

On 1/17/2016 at 0:05 PM, rlangston77 said:

I like the prospects of the Ewok Village retiring this year, but it is not really a "display" model like the UC line of star wars models.  I wonder if that will effect it's resale value.  It's not a ship, it's more of a scene and im curious if that will cause it to not rise very high.  Although some of the larger lord of the rings scenes and the Smaug set have gone up pretty good.

Also, I saw the Slave 1 in person last night at the Lego store...man that thing is big and awesome.  Whenever that retires it is going to go up significantly.

Yeah, Slave 1 is the set I laid my eyes on, pretty awesome and would be a terrific display for sure.

I'm bullish on the EV. It's packed with minifigs (with many exclusive to the set) and it's a cool set IMO. It has many neat little features like traps, hidden compartments and stuff like that.

Furthermore, I've seen it in many a UCS fan's displays.

Hate the little furballs at your own peril.

that's my .2

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ED-209 said:

I'm bullish on the EV. It's packed with minifigs (with many exclusive to the set) and it's a cool set IMO. It has many neat little features like traps, hidden compartments and stuff like that.

Furthermore, I've seen it in many a UCS fan's displays.

Hate the little furballs at your own peril.

that's my .2

I love EV. But EV is an extremely poor seller in Australia, according to Target. I was able to get 9 EV at 265 dollars near end of 2015, and all of them had 2014 seal. 

2 hours ago, s3110950 said:

I love EV. But EV is an extremely poor seller in Australia, according to Target. I was able to get 9 EV at 265 dollars near end of 2015, and all of them had 2014 seal. 

That could be a blessing for Australian Investors for the EV.

It could mean it retires earlier then suddenly everyone wants one after they realise it's gone.

58 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

I just go another EV for 260€, which is not great but still 20€ under MSRP over here. 

Hate to be the one to tell you this but in Belgium Ewok Village MSRP is €260,- (see here).

Become a VIP at Lego Shop @ Home by registering; it's free so why not. You get VIP points for 5% of every purchase. Those VIP points can be used for a future purchase. So basically (and abstractly), you pay €247,- there. Plus, you have a big chance of receiving a (near-) mint box. Plus, shipping is free. 

Sorry for the off-topic bit but this seemed the best place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy vd M. said:

Hate to be the one to tell you this but in Belgium Ewok Village MSRP is €260,- (see here).

Become a VIP at Lego Shop @ Home by registering; it's free so why not. You get VIP points for 5% of every purchase. Those VIP points can be used for a future purchase. So basically (and abstractly), you pay €247,- there. Plus, you have a big chance of receiving a (near-) mint box. Plus, shipping is free. 

Sorry for the off-topic bit but this seemed the best place. 

+ The occasional free promo which you can sell for 5 till 25 euro :) Olaf's at +-10 euro atm. 

13 hours ago, s3110950 said:

If you aren't confident about it this set, I'll be more than happy to take a few off your hands.

I'm wiling to pay $300 each ($35 profit on each one for you).

PM me if you are interested and make me an offer.

4 hours ago, ED-209 said:

If you aren't confident about it this set, I'll be more than happy to take a few off your hands.

I'm wiling to pay $300 each ($35 profit on each one for you).

PM me if you are interested and make me an offer.

Please no soliciting on the main boards, next time just PM the member directly or post in the trading forum.

all the 2014 Minecraft sets are now limit 99 at USA LEGO Shop at Home.  2015 are still limit 5.

this is what the architecture sets did right before retirement.

so i'm speculating 2014 Minecraft sets are on their way out especially with a new batch being released in March.

maybe we'll get a Big Zoo - Vampyre Hearse - PalpArrest anniversary blowout sale on minecraft coming up ...

limit 99 is the new limit 2 for retirement speculation.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1