Retiring Soon - open speculation

5 minutes ago, jaxman said:

Had a conversation with a lego employee about the Ecto 1 and the new HQ.  As of yesterday they were sold out of Ecto 1.  But he was adamant they were coming back because of the new HQ.

In my opinion it wouldn't make sense not having them both available at the same time...

10 minutes ago, Battrax said:

In my opinion it wouldn't make sense not having them both available at the same time...

Like HH and Halloween, like HH and Halloween....

We know they just did a restock before Xmas so it could have been a huge last run - until SAH sells out, we won´t be sure.

• Like 1

They are not retiring the Exto 1, Look at the Product info on the Ghostbusters HQ and it says the 21108 Ecto 1 will fit in the House, so if the Ecto 1 is retired, what is Lego going to tell the thousands of people who call and complain, If you want the Ecto 1 get it on Ebay or Amazon for $100 or so. Not saying down the road Lego comes out with a new one, and changes the info on the HQ. My Lego store in MD got in cases of them.   Ed

• Like 5

Tomorrow I´ll check out some seal codes. It´s a bit like when people said Simpsons´House would go when KWM arrived - there should be some initial overlap during 1h2016. After that it´s anyone´s guess.

Also, since the last IDEAS were all rejected, they don´t have much coming through to replace it with.

11 minutes ago, emazers said:

They are not retiring the Exto 1, Look at the Product info on the Ghostbusters HQ and it says the 21108 Ecto 1 will fit in the House, so if the Ecto 1 is retired, what is Lego going to tell the thousands of people who call and complain, If you want the Ecto 1 get it on Ebay or Amazon for $100 or so. Not saying down the road Lego comes out with a new one, and changes the info on the HQ. My Lego store in MD got in cases of them.   Ed

it says it fits in it but then the reviews show that it will not fit into it with the door closed and/or the desk moved.  ecto1 is featured prominently in the new catalog so it would seem stupid to waste that prime real estate for a set that was retiring.  i'm covering my bases hoarding now and later  - i won't mind having too many of these when it finally does go.  i was mainly pointing out that ecto1 is getting up there in months for the CUUSOO/IDEAS theme.  It's good to know that they are still being found in LEGO store.  I ordered 3 from shop at home last week so I'll have to see what seal codes I get from those.

does anyone know for sure if the 76039 ant man set is done ?

europe shows retired not sure that is safe

seems out of stock or sold out most everywhere

able to pick up a bunch and was curious if anyone had any updated information ?

I have no clue but can say I started out with 21 of them in Dec that I picked up for $15 at Walmart clearance during the summer. I now only have 8 left after selling the rest for $35 on eBay/Amazon this month. In fact I've sold 2 within the past 3 hours. I probably need to hold the rest for higher prices.

2 hours ago, jaxman said:

Had a conversation with a lego employee about the Ecto 1 and the new HQ.  As of yesterday they were sold out of Ecto 1.  But he was adamant they were coming back because of the new HQ.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but if you go under the Themes tab on Shop at Home, there's a new Ghostbusters™ Theme listed. Click it and it bounces you back to the home-page (unlike the new Nexo Knights Theme for example) but it's looking promising they might actually make a full line to go with the new film?!

36 minutes ago, darkhorseoflego said:

Has this happened ages ago and I just haven't noticed or has the full Lego movie theme now retired?

I posted a week or so ago about the entire line being "retired" or at least red "sold out" (apart from Melting Room) on the US LEGO Shop at Home site. Don't know what about Europe, but I'd say yes it is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but if you go under the Themes tab on Shop at Home, there's a new Ghostbusters™ Theme listed. Click it and it bounces you back to the home-page (unlike the new Nexo Knights Theme for example) but it's looking promising they might actually make a full line to go with the new film?!

I'm still holding out hope for the UCS Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brenner said:

Imperial Hotel 21017 is Sold Out in SAH EU and 76023 is not only sold out but officially retired in EU.

Ah yup, that was fast, it still was C2C this morning. 

Edit: Santa's workshop was back on C2C this morning but already sold out again, probably some stock they found somewhere :)

Edited by BP

On 31/12/2015 at 11:11 AM, BP said:

Ah yup, that was fast, it still was C2C this morning. 

Edit: Santa's workshop was back on C2C this morning but already sold out again, probably some stock they found somewhere :)

Sorry to appear so naive but what does C2C mean?

Loving reading the posts as I am very passionate about Lego, will love them even more when I can translate the jargon! :)

The santas workshop also sold out last year and was hard to get during the year as it is more of a seasonal item. Came back in full force in the fall. Sold out doesn't always mean retired. Same with JW line. Coming back in full force now. It didn't sell as well over the holidays as it is heavily hoarded. I'd be careful with those sets as they are popular but overbought.

On 10/26/2015 at 0:56 PM, BrickU said:

This may have been discussed before but I'm not sure what thread to look in?  Anyone know the difference between Sold Out Sold Out at SOH?

Well, I think its official.  Sold out usually means its a goner, while Sold Out usually means there is a little life left..........  

43 minutes ago, fondkick said:

What do you thnik about this, everywhere in EU :

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Parisian-Restaurant-10243?_requestid=13443283

"temporary out of stock" and no possibility to buy-in ...

With two older sets (Pet Shop and Palace Cinema) on the nomination to be retired before Parisian Restaurant, I wouldn't be concerned about PR going away first. It's a supply issue, and Lego factories are working to produce new stock again of many sets where stock was depleted around Christmas.