Retiring Soon - open speculation

6 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

So with Tumbler done in the EU we have 7 exclusives retired this year - par for the course.

My predictions for 2016: EV, SOH, PS, Sandcrawler, Fairground Mixer and Winter Toy Shop. Total 6 plus 1 more left-field that was not possible to predict. No TB or T1 in my list....

I pretty much agree with your list. Winter Toy Shop will be hard to tell tough... it may not come back for a second year mainly due to unhappy customers who a) was looking forward to a new set every winter and b ) pissed off investors. Will be interesting to see if Santa's Workshop stick around next year.

The 7th maybe Temple of Airjitzu? Probably not a huge seller if Lego had to give away a free set to bribe people to buy it earlier in December.

10 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

So with Tumbler done in the EU we have 7 exclusives gone this year - par for the course.

My predictions for 2016: EV, SOH, PS, Sandcrawler, Fairground Mixer and Winter Toy Shop. Total 6 plus 1 more left-field that was not possible to predict. No TB or T1 in my list....

Why no TB on your list? Just being curious as this set has been around since 2010.

6 minutes ago, Brenner said:

Why no TB on your list? Just being curious as this set has been around since 2010.

Probably the new box. Also, I think it outsells SOH (someone get the actual amazon sales ranks if I'm wrong), and if it sells, it seems to stay (curse you VW Bus & Pet Shop, among others).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brenner said:

I have to get some wrong - here´s hoping!

Workshop should be gone this time round and next Xmas Toyshop will be back with another new winter set. Toyshop sold well enough this year to be brought back.

16 hours ago, legostudmuffin said:

What do you guys think of the Ewok Village.  It is temporarily out of stock at Lego.com and target is almost sold out.  Also thinking that it is not part of the Lego Disney theme.  

16 hours ago, JRandall said:

possible flop. No ewoks in new movie. If you didn't get into Lego investing by 2012 you're too late, they're.producing quadruple the sets and keeping them around forever because their profits and production enable it. They are leaving as little on the table as possible. No more hand over fist money to be made. If you dont have at least 10k to set aside for 3 years or more dont waste your time. If you want 3 ewok sets at 250 each, thats 750 before tax. Now u may have to wait 2 years just to make 50 profit on each sell after fees. many sets are now stagnant in price increase, even the most popular, this didn't happen as much with the exclusives before.

I get what you're saying but I think this one will do well. Unique set and unlikely there will ever be anything like EV in the near or medium term (which could be read a a good sign or bad sign in terms of poor sales).  I wouldn't put it (yet) in the same bracket as SSD in terms of returns but I think you'll see a 50 profit within 6 months of it being retired at least.
Battle of Endor performance does slightly worry me but that's started to show some good returns. May have possibly led to this one not being as hoarded as other UCS sets as people try to infer one from the other???

8 hours ago, tacsniper said:

Got it ;) the amount of acronyms used in this forum can start a new page in wikipedia 

Keeps the Lego spies on their toes!

So do we agree that retirement season 2015 is now over or will there still be some surprises in the remaining 4 days of the year? Kind of sad that PS is not done what with the bank coming out next week.

5 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Keeps the Lego spies on their toes!

So do we agree that retirement season 2015 is now over or will there still be some surprises in the remaining 4 days of the year? Kind of sad that PS is not done what with the bank coming out next week.

Yeah I was just thinking it would be nice to see PS go too.

I like how quickly the Tumbler and R5 went though. Retiring soon tags--->c2c----->sold out. No messing around with TOOS.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

41058 Heartlake Mall

I just assumed production of this was done with the released of the hotel.

44 minutes ago, darkhorseoflego said:

The Red 5 X Wing and the tumbler are now both retired! The question is, what's next?

Not retired in the US yet! With Lego's strategy of regional retirement, and people reporting shelves full of R5, the retiring soon tag might get drop ;)