Retiring Soon - open speculation

2 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

I smell a big rat. Tumbler should have at least gone to backorder by now unless they have made a whole heap of them by mistake and the retiring soon tag is a ruse. The longer it is available for the horde, the less attractive an investment it will be Vs Death Star.

Look at the buy limit of 1 on SAH all over the world. That is probably the reason it has not gone poof yet. Same for most of the exclusive sets. Lego seem to be holding true to their promise to ensure the sets are readily available to all fans, as the firm is setting limit of 1 at an earlier stage so that all fans get a fair shot at buying at least 1 set.

Hoarders and investors have to adapt and buying small batches over a longer period of time, instead of rushing at the last moment. This is new normal.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, chipbee said:

Look at the buy limit of 1 on SAH all over the world. That is probably the reason it has not gone poof yet. Same for most of the exclusive sets. Lego seem to be holding true to their promise to ensure the sets are readily available to all fans, as the firm is setting limit of 1 at an earlier stage so that all fans get a fair shot at buying at least 1 set.

Hoarders and investors have to adapt and buying small batches over a longer period of time, instead of rushing at the last moment. This is new normal.

Nelson HaHa - That must explain why SIMPSONS HOUSE is still available. Limit 1. HA! HA!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

Yes but the black bounty has investment disaster written all over it. For the same money, deep sea exploration vessel or arctic ice breaker will do much better.

I hope there is a bubble forming concerning the Pirate Ship. So if it tanks it will resurface rapidly. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

It's not a very detailed ship and it could tank like the LOTR ship has. I only bought one during Black Friday as not very confident even though it's on its way out. My money is on the 10240 R5 right now.

The LOTR Pirate ship will be fine. 

I sold one today at double my buying price

19 hours ago, Vinetu said:

Although, as someone who still keeps his 6285 Black Sea Barracuda in the attic, I personally couldn't ever bring myself to buy another pirate ship again :P The bar is too high :D

I agree. 

Before my dark ages, I collected all the pirate ships.

The BB is a disaster. Not refined at all. 

10 hours ago, Wildemar said:

10245 Santa's Workshop is "Call to check" at LEGO Shop at Home EU - last call?

sfCCrhZ.png

What do they usually do with seasonal sets?  I would have thought this one would have lasted until x-mas (and maybe hit the sale in the NY).  Would have thought if this set were to be back next year they'd be well stocked (and willing to run the risk of having a few stashed on a pallet for a year).

10245 Santa's Workshop is "Call to check" at LEGO Shop at Home EU - last call?

sfCCrhZ.png

What do they usually do with seasonal sets?  I would have thought this one would have lasted until x-mas (and maybe hit the sale in the NY).  Would have thought if this set were to be back next year they'd be well stocked (and willing to run the risk of having a few stashed on a pallet for a year).

Just great! NY stands for New Year too!? It made no sense having New York in that sentence...

My bad.  Can i blame that one on my auto correct????  Back to 10245 - I've seen it widely available in the B&M stores.  Maybe they don't see the benefit in producing more if they cant get it to the end consumer before Jan.  Of any seasonal set lasting multiple years this is the one I think would have the most longevity in terms of new demand though.

14 minutes ago, Lego_Yoda said:

My bad.  Can i blame that one on my auto correct????  Back to 10245 - I've seen it widely available in the B&M stores.  Maybe they don't see the benefit in producing more if they cant get it to the end consumer before Jan.  Of any seasonal set lasting multiple years this is the one I think would have the most longevity in terms of new demand though.

Last year, Santa's workshop went away and my guess is either they put them back in the warehouse for next year, or sold out of them and reproduced them this year.  I did see these in NYC at the TRU on 5th avenue last year in april, so you never know.  They could just pull the stock and sit them till next year, or it could retire.  I really think this is an "iconic" seasonal set.  Perhaps the best one made, so I think it's a great set, but i'm not investing in it, personally because I think this one is one of those that gets a rehash and new box in 3 years, and with how hoarded this one is, i'd skip it.  But, it's still an awesome set.  It's sitting out on our mantel right now and my son has been playing with it almost daily..

12 hours ago, cladner said:

41052 Ariel's Magical Kiss

• Price $29.99

sold out in uS and looks like its going bye bye in europe too (retiring soon tag).

rapunzel tower is sold out in germany so maybe some first gen disney princess retirements are at hand - cindy's castle must die.

Ariel's Magical Kiss is Retiring Soon in Europe.

Rapunzel's Tower is Retired Product in Europe (my daughter has one to play with).

Cinderall's Magical Castle is out of stock, but still order-able with limit 10, so I don't think this one will go yet.