Retiring Soon - open speculation

2 hours ago, brickolodon said:

not a deal but good news Icebreaker SOLD OUT S&H, lucky me i got 30 in Bricktober from TRU...

I had much success with this set last Christmas and I started picking up a few here and there with discounts, but then I noticed it was just always around and so turned my attention elsewhere. However, I knew something was up when one of mine sold to someone in Britain for $185 about a week ago. I'll start liberating these from the TRUs around me. It was a quality set, I thought.

So far this year we've had eight new exclusives:

Helicarrier 
Ferris Wheel
Detectives Office
Kwik-E-Mart
Temple of Airjitzu
Slave 1
Tie Fighter
F40

We know Sea Cow, Tower of Orthanc have gone and X-Wing, Death Star plus Tumbler are going (Have I missed any?). 2016 already has the Ghostbusters HQ and Brick Bank earmarked for release, plus a pending landmark announcement so surely more shelf space is still required. Assuming there are others on the list, what exclusives can we expect to be discontinuing over the coming months? 

Edited by Crustybeaver
  • Like 1

Dear Fellow Brickpickers,

Although any possible events may be relevant to this thread, it would be nice if we could keep this thread a Death Star free zone and move any and all Death Star related conversations to the Death Star thread. There are 329 pages of posts on this thread currently, many of which have been taken up with mad frenzies where people incorrectly thought this was going the way of the dodo. 

In the coming weeks and months it would be nice to have one refuge from all that is Death Star, whether it does retires or not.

Yours in Lego,

Sprocket

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Dear Fellow Brickpickers,

Although any possible events may be relevant to this thread, it would be nice if we could keep this thread a Death Star free zone and move any and all Death Star related conversations to the Death Star thread. There are 329 pages of posts on this thread currently, many of which have been taken up with mad frenzies where people incorrectly thought this was going the way of the dodo. 

In the coming weeks and months it would be nice to have one refuge from all that is Death Star, whether it does retires or not.

Yours in Lego,

Sprocket

I hear ya and understand but this is a general thread.  Users can post here or there about 10188 DS.

2 hours ago, chipbee said:

I think Ewok Village, Tower Bridge, Petshop could be gone by Q1 2016.

For rest of 2016, fairground mixer, Simpsons house, Sandcrawler, Palace Cinema,T1 Camper.

Surprise retirement could be Opera House.

I agree with Ewok village, Tower Bridge & Pet Shop early 2016...

30 minutes ago, Haay said:

Exactly. And SOH did NOT get a box redesign.... So I think it's more likely that SOH will retire before TB.

It may be the case that SOH has sold so slowly that they have not even gotten to sell off the sets with old boxes. Anyone seen a mid 2015 production set of SOH?

41 minutes ago, chipbee said:

It may be the case that SOH has sold so slowly that they have not even gotten to sell off the sets with old boxes. Anyone seen a mid 2015 production set of SOH?

Yes, 42R5. Could be the last hurrah... or not.

Haven't seen an "old" box since early this year.

So, the EU retiring soon list makes for a possible New Year sale on whatever is not sold out by then. Intriguing that Tumbler seems to be the surprise large exclusive retirement of 2015.

Our  definitive 2015 exclusive list seems to contain 6 items: EEE, Red 5, ToO, Seacow, DS and tumbler with PS strangely absent.

• Like 2

10188 - DS is done most probably. Saw one in the lego store Oberhausen today. The employee also said that the Pet Shop was done, should be gone in January to free shelf space for the Brick Bank, for what it's worth..

And oh yeah, manager said that TB will live a long and happy live also next year (I know, wrong thread).

Edited by JM123
  • Like 1