Retiring Soon - open speculation

16 minutes ago, eyebrow40 said:

Someone here wrote about 10188, 76023 and 10240 with the "retiring soon" label ("Auslaufmodell" in german).

I just checked the LEGO Shop at Home page. There are many items now with this label! (european LEGO Shop at Home)

I saw it. But most are not interesting. Except for the 3 big ones. 

It is a bit disappointing the usual suspects are not amongst them. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

6 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

I saw it. But most are not interesting. Except for the 3 big ones. 

It is a bit disappointing the usual suspects are not amongst them. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It depends, i got a few of them with a discount of 50%. So for me it is interesting.

If the Tumbler really gets retired this year, this would be a very short run for an Exclusive. And of course if this is really the end of DS, this would be great for many of us. 

4 minutes ago, eyebrow40 said:

It depends, i got a few of them with a discount of 50%. So for me it is interesting.

If the Tumbler really gets retired this year, this would be a very short run for an Exclusive. And of course if this is really the end of DS, this would be great for many of us. 

Will we ever witness DS being "call to check"?

And how many phonecalls lego will get if that ever happens.

Retiring Soon label at Star Wars sets in EU (NL LEGO Shop at Home):

75053 - The Ghost

75058 - MTT

75052 - Mos Eisley Cantina

75051 - Jedi Scout Fighter

75084 - Wookiee Gunship

75046 - Coruscant Police Gunship

75042 - Droid Gunship

75045 - Republic AV-7 Anti-Vehicle Cannon

75044 - Droid Tri-fighter

75049 - Showspeeder

75088 - AAT

75081 - T-16 Skyhopper

75090 - Ezra's Speeder Bike

75073 - Vulture Droid

75077 - Homing Spider Droid

75043 - AT-AP

Call to check without "Add to bag" button for:

75083 - AT-DP

75037 - Battle on Saleucami

75076 - Republic Gunship

Edited by Haay
  • Like 2

The t-16 skyhopper is an enigma to me.  I didn't even think much about this one, until I saw it go to sold out in the states, but lately, it's just gone in a majority of the local stores around me.  I managed to get one, but haven't seen many others, and even though it's still obtainable online, it's tough to say where that one will go.  It probably won't get done again anytime soon.  So it could be a semi-rare and hidden gem.  Most of these 2015 winter wave star wars sets were out for just a year.

Yeah that one just baffles me.  Should I buy any at MSRP or just put money into another AT-AT?  The answer is pretty obvious but I hate to be without any of a Star Wars set that has had such a short production run (if it sticks).  Who knows when we may get another Tusken Raider minifigure.

Is anyone else buying into the AT-DP?  I think it's a neat looking vehicle but so similar to the classic AT-ST which is due for a re-release any day now.  Still less than 12 months if the red sold out status sticks.  It's been in and out of stock for shipping at Target for $39.99 so I went ahead and bought a few today.  Again, I hate being left without any of a Star Wars set like this.

http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-at-dp-75083/-/A-16752356#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=lego+at-dp

Edited by zskid00

11 minutes ago, Locutus001 said:

opinions concerning the ghost? I can see this one going up in price after EOL.

I think The Ghost is probably a nice play set for kids who are fan of Star Wars Rebels. But I don't like it as a display set.

I would lie if I said I hadn't thought about buying this set when I could get it with 20% discount (or something like that), but ultimately I decided against it because I don't like it visually. For the same money I'd much rather get the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium.

Edited by Haay

6 minutes ago, Haay said:

I think The Ghost is probably a nice play set for kids who are fan of Star Wars Rebels. But I don't like it as a display set.

Well I own it and it's not halfbad (not the millenium falcon but still alright).

But yeah it's popular with kids. And "the show must go on" so I guess it might stay popular as set.