Retiring Soon - open speculation

Yah I've also noticed some red sold out go back to available. I feel like red is either they changed it to be permanently sold out, or it's physically sold out, while orange is they changed it to be temporarily sold out with a possibility of being permanently sold out. So, neither are very reliable, but you'd see it change from orange to red if it went from temporary to permanent, or you'd see it go straight to red if there was a wave of purchases, or they wanted to send it to retirement. But you'd assumably never see it go from red to orange, unless they're being very diligent about the status, which seems unlikely. I haven't really been keeping tabs on this though. Does that make sense? Thoughts?

Edited by Brickson

On 11/29/2015, 11:54:29, Ciglione said:

Probably these news messages about Lego having production problems and that lego would be getting scarce during the holidays is all a fairytale.

From what I heard, the lack of bricks in more a problem for US of which production is partly shipped into Asia where demand is far stronger than expected and local production capacity is delayed. 

It seems that Europe hasn't seen any shortage at all.

19 minutes ago, waddamon said:

This thread is only for actual retirement.  When it says "retired product".  Outside of that it is speculation.  Thank you for the update though.

Well when you take a look at the LEGO Shop at Home Europe page you might find that not everything gets a retired mark - when stuff retires they just delete the listing completely. If you think that's not enough confirmation of retirement for you than so be it.

edit: It's officially marked as retired on the UK version of LEGO Shop at Home - all other EU language version sites of LEGO Shop at Home EU just get the listing deleted completely when a set is retired:-)

Edited by TigerG
  • Like 1

I think the shortage is there for certain sets. Observations in my area at various department and toy stores: Disney princesses is nearly non existing (has anybody seen any Elsa's lately?) same goes for Minecraft, City is there in abundance, SW is still widely available except for some sets as well. Ninjago is getting scarcer by the day...

The Coruscant Police Gunship has gone to red sold out status on Shop at Home US this week.  I noticed for a TRU exclusive that stock was pretty thin at retail stores around here even before Black Friday and the $35 sale seemed to have wiped out their warehouse quickly.  It sold out on Shop at Home without a discount.  Could be a nice sleeper set if it even qualifies since it's Star Wars.