Retiring Soon - open speculation

17 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Imperial Hotel  21017 sold out at US shop.

Yay I've got a few of these so this is good news. There's a couple of retailers in the UK selling them at £77.99 so I'm going to come out of retirement and pick up a couple more. The loft is packed tight so I'll be onto wardrobe space now. I'll throw out a couple pairs of the girlfriends shoes, she wants to moan about my Lego well she's got more shoes than I've got Ecto-1's!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

Can we safely assume that any set currently discounted on SAH is retiring end of year?

I´d say in the US that is true as most sale stuff is already done or on the Chima road to EOL. The EU "offers" seem more like a way to meet sales quotas than an intention to retire anything - except the Brick Bounty (I spellt it rite dis taim)

13 minutes ago, Crustybeaver said:

Yay I've got a few of these so this is good news. There's a couple of retailers in the UK selling them at £77.99 so I'm going to come out of retirement and pick up a couple more. The loft is packed tight so I'll be onto wardrobe space now. I'll throw out a couple pairs of the girlfriends shoes, she wants to moan about my Lego well she's got more shoes than I've got Ecto-1's!

Throw out her shoes :mad:? Do you remember the movie "War of the roses"? You better be prepared for some pancaked lego boxes or legos in the garden shag if you touch her shoes...seriously - just talk to her if you want her to leave you so badly ...

8 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

Can we safely assume that any set currently discounted on SAH is retiring end of year?

No the words 'safely assume' and 'retiring' are words that should never be applied together in the same sentence. We can speculate, there's no harm in that, the rest rest is just downright dangerous!

• Like 2

Hard to say, but it's definitely the time of year for effective retirements.  There were some sets on sale earlier this year during May 4th event that didn't retire then, but they are probably done soon.  It was the MTT and B-wing that I specifically remember being discounted but I guess those are on the chopping block now.  So many sets have gone to "sold out" in the last few weeks but I think some of them will come back in the new year once LEGO can catch up on production.  Of course it would be nice if they were all retired since I've started stocking up on some of them now.

Friends mall and Brick Bounty are common items between both sales and both appear done in the US. Chima, we know is done as are the 2014 technic sets except the volvo.

2014 SW and 1h 2015 done except exclusives, some city sets also seem done so. Nothing set in stone there, but I doubt any are coming back.

That leaves Minecraft, Friends, Ninjago and Architecture where there are numerous discrepancies between regions but something has to give so what is retired or call to check in the EU should go in the US too and vice versa.

The elephant in the room is Red 5 in the EU. Please die quickly.

Edited by valenciaeric