Retiring Soon - open speculation

1 hour ago, chubz said: goodbye SOH  i only have 2 but oh well thought the bridge was gonna go next

Care to elaborate?

Read somewhere that the Big Ben will replace TB next year.

No, you haven't read that. Not as fact. You've seen people speculate that, but there is no information from LEGO that this is the case.

Just setting the record straight. Not calling you out. All we suspect right now is that there is a Big Ben set coming out. We don't even knew for sure what size it will be. And we don't know whether TB will be going away.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, chubz said:

goodbye SOH 

i only have 2 but oh well thought the bridge was gonna go next

Why goodbye? Still available in European SAH. This set is a hot candidate for new year´s discounts.

I thought also that Sea Cow will go to black friday and/or January discounts, but surprisingly without discounts and sold out... i really dont understand who can buy this set for full price - based on children´s movie, its not classic ship, far from steampunk style and extremly overpriced...

12 minutes ago, mesje said:

I thought also that Sea Cow will go to black friday and/or January discounts, but surprisingly without discounts and sold out... i really dont understand who can buy this set for full price - based on children´s movie, its not classic ship, far from steampunk style and extremly overpriced...

And I don't understand who could buy Bionicles, but alas :D

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

No, you haven't read that. Not as fact. You've seen people speculate that, but there is no information from LEGO that this is the case.

Just setting the record straight. Not calling you out. All we suspect right now is that there is a Big Ben set coming out. We don't even knew for sure what size it will be. And we don't know whether TB will be going away.

My mistake, I keep forgetting that I'm illiterate ;)

So i was reviewing the Sales and Deals page on US SAH and noticed that the Friends Pop Star sets which came out in August 2015 are on sale along with some city construction sets that came out in Dec. 2014. Does anybody think these are retiring so soon? From my experience, going on sale at U.S. SAH typically means retirement is imminent once it sells out. 

I mean its possible the 2014 city sets like 60075 are retiring but not the Friends Pop Star sets......can anyone make sense of this? 

If all these sets are truly retiring, they will all probably be some of the best investments a year from now.

So i was reviewing the Sales and Deals page on US SAH and noticed that the Friends Pop Star sets which came out in August 2015 are on sale along with some city construction sets that came out in Dec. 2014. Does anybody think these are retiring so soon? From my experience, going on sale at U.S. SAH typically means retirement is imminent once it sells out. 

I mean its possible the 2014 city sets like 60075 are retiring but not the Friends Pop Star sets......can anyone make sense of this? 

If all these sets are truly retiring, they will all probably be some of the best investments a year from now.

Not saying any are going or not but Lincoln Memorial was on sale...

• Like 2

on big zoo/vampyre hearse monday in Feb 2014, malevolence and desert skiff were on sale.  they didn't sell out that day and the price reverted back to MSRP.  they were reduced and cleared 3 months later on May 4th .   seems like more and more though sale at shop at home means the set is on its way out.

13 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Dr Who Dimensions set straight to red sold out on LEGO Shop at Home?? That's interesting...and probably an oops.

Guys. That's the shortest lifespan for a Lego set in foreverz. Negative 8 days! RE and Zombies eat your heart out. In for 100.

Edited by pete411

7 minutes ago, pete411 said:

Guys. That's the shortest lifespan for a Lego set in foreverz. Negative 8 days! RE and Zombies eat your heart out. In for 100.

Dimensions level pack, not the Ideas set. 

Pretty sure it will be back--sold out is fairly meaningless these days...

Edited by biking_tiger
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

Dimensions level pack, not the Ideas set. 

Pretty sure it will be back--sold out is fairly meaningless these days...

Ahh crap. That was a joke that fell flat. I thought we were talking about the Ideas set. Neverrrmind. I'll show myself out.

• Like 2