Retiring Soon - open speculation

Yes, really a joke... It is worth to write an email to them that they should let the discounts be... 

Because 10% for SOH or EV is the same price for which you can get them on Ebay or BrickLink...

Mauro

P.S. The unique true advantage ist the Gingerbread House

By the way all the discounted sets will be discontinued through Black Friday sale in my opinion...

Edited by mauro23

the site doesnt work right anyway. If the Mini really goes EOL i´d like to have at least one. Just cant order... Tried to call but its only Mo-Fri now.
I wonder why Lego is not smart enough to get a buch of 12 year old who can actually run a website. They just hurt themselfs badly and its reidiculous that the bigges toy company cant run a website.

Maybe my browsers are the point, but i tried Firefox and Safari. Sometimes one of them works... but i guess i´m not alone with it.

13 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

Yes, really a joke... It is worth to write an email to them that they should let the discounts be... 

Because 10% for SOH or EV is the same price for which you can get them on Ebay or BrickLink...

Mauro

P.S. The unique true advantage ist the Gingerbread House

By the way all the discounted sets will be discontinued through Black Friday sale in my opinion...

At least you get discounts. Australia has nothing except the Gingerbread house 

6 minutes ago, JeffProbst said:

At least you get discounts. Australia has nothing except the Gingerbread house 

Discounts dont help much if you cant place an order ;)

I guess timing of discounts and EOL varies across the globe. Most sets retire a little earlier in EU and a few months later in US. Dont know how Australia lines up in that schedule.

12 minutes ago, SirElwood said:

Discounts dont help much if you cant place an order ;)

I guess timing of discounts and EOL varies across the globe. Most sets retire a little earlier in EU and a few months later in US. Dont know how Australia lines up in that schedule.

Our region is EU. Our SAH shipments come from Europe. EU/AU is the same. If it's retired in Europe, it's retired here.

Edited by ED-209

On 11/21/2015, 5:29:42, SirElwood said: Lego  Germany has sale on Sydney Opera, Ewok Village, Mini, Brick Bounty and a few more...

SOH, Mini an Bounty are a little surprising to me. But discounts are a "joke".

Do they normally only discount sets that are about to retire? 

Yes and no. If you look at previous years, some have gone on to retire others stick around. The key thing to note is that sets that appear in the Brick Friday sale tend to be slow sellers. You'll have to draw your own conclusions whether they're sets that TLG decide to pull the plug on.

• Like 2

On 19.11.2015, 17:11:07, TigerG said:

Not that anybody cares but two of the Elves sets released this year are call to check at LEGO Shop at Home Europe:

41074 Azari and the Magical Bakery

41072 Naida's Spa Secret

They wouldn't retire any of the Elves sets this early, would they?

In my opinion, 41074 is one of the best Elves sets so far. Also, Johnny Baker is exlusive to this set. It would be a pity if the bakery weren't available anymore.

Guest TabbyBoy

The Sea Cow offers you a lot of plastic for the money. It's such an unusual yet fantastic set that this could be the new Imperial Flagship once it's gone. I bet even Emazers (where is he these days?) has a boad load! Before I was banned (now unbanned - I think!), I ordered one every time there was a good promo. I now have 5. It's been a while since the movie so it may as well sink now and then resurface in glory and then some.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Pjking said:

I've just been to Leeds' Smyths in the uk to pick up a sea cow. While talking to a staff member,. She informed me they can't get anymore Death Stars and it's due to be retired in the new year

I think she meant to say the new millennium?