Retiring Soon - open speculation

7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I think the cantina has a lot going for it, because you can't stop at one.  You need 2 or more to make a proper cantina and the piece count in this one is just enough to convince AFOLs that this is a good enough start and design.  Rose colored glasses here, or maybe I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue.

Same arguments for DS!

I'm a Star Wars fanboy and was really excited about the Cantina re-release especially for a chance to get Greedo, Bith Band, and Dewback.  I'm definitely bullish on this set and can see it doing well similar to recent OT location sets like Jabba's Palace and the Rancor Pit.  It's Star Wars so susceptible to yet another re-release but I don't see that happening for a while.  It was nearly 10 years from the last Cantina until this one.  

Edited by zskid00

I think the cantina has a lot going for it, because you can't stop at one.  You need 2 or more to make a proper cantina and the piece count in this one is just enough to convince AFOLs that this is a good enough start and design.  Rose colored glasses here, or maybe I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue.

Love the airplane reference

• Like 2

Agree with marx, these sets were constantly on the shelves.  If investing, for the most part,  I'd buy according to what sells well.  There are some exceptions but don't think this is one of them.  I'm not sure if I bought even 1 of these.  I'm happy to see these sets leave to make room for new.  

Edited by conceptmachine

14 minutes ago, conceptmachine said:

Agree with marx, these sets were constantly on the shelves.  If investing, for the most part,  I'd buy according to what sells well.  There are some exceptions but don't think this is one of them.  I'm not sure if I bought even 1 of these.  I'm happy to see these sets leave to make room for new.  

Well then you didn't totally agree with me. I have 20....

Bought my first Cantina from Amazon DE last week at a nice discount. Today I received the shipping email, and when I checked Amazon the price had already been increased again to €79,99. 

Interesting because Amazon DE didn't hike up the price for both the ISD and AT-AT sets which are both still on sale there.

6 hours ago, biking_tiger said:

The Cantina being discounted "since day one" only means more "I shoulda bought more when..." after it retires. It's going to be just fine... no surprise, but fine.

totally agree. 

In a world where we don't have EP7 coming out with new Star Destroyers, and without rumors of a Hoth UCS base,,,,i would think those two sets are the big winners. But with me fearing SIMILAR versions of either on the horizon, i think the Cantina is the sleeper hit from this wave.

6 hours ago, exciter1 said:

TOTALLY agree, 2 cantinas is needed from a structural standpoint, AND to get a full Band of Jizz Wailers. (hope i spelled that correctly).

This is an awesome set and an easy winner if it slips away quietly.

I am excited that I don´t have it! Even with a  buy-in of 36 euros vs 80 RRP, I feel there are just too many of them on the market (and in shops) to flip this Xmas and with the new one onthe horizon, long term value is uncertain. Another production run just makes matters worse.