Retiring Soon - open speculation

UN building and Villa Savoye are retired in EU.  3 sets (berlin, NY, and Venice) are on the way, and so I think one more is on it's way out very soon.  The Leaning Tower of Pisa did go to Sold Out in the US a month ago, but then reappeared about two weeks later.  I think that could be the next one.  The Space Needle is another..but it seems to have so much stock, it may take another year.

5 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

Got UN 25% off and plenty of ISd´s at 50% so that is just great news!!!

If you don't mind me asking, I'm really curious where you find your deals because you're always posting really great purchase prices on large, popular, or exclusive sets. It seems these deals would be next to impossible to find regularly in the states without serious LEGO discount voodoo magic.

#1 Are discounts like 50% of ISD or some of your other posted deals routinely found at retail shops in Europe?

#2 Are you combining multiples coupons, discounted gift cards, membership points, cash back rewards etc, to calculate your total discount? (LEGO discount voodoo magic)

#3 Do you have some type of wholesaler/store manager special pricing that is not available to the general public?

6 hours ago, Crustybeaver said:

And just like that in a matter of an hour the entire UK is stripped of stock, even Hamleys! Glad I've got 5 of these, should see a decent rise over the coming months

There's a toysRus in Bradford with some left, +some independents near me.

Not sure if full RRP is worth it though?

Me and my big mouth! There´s no witchcraft, smoke and mirrors or anything illegal or ethical. It just requires a bit of time to record which shops stock which items and what promos they usually do and when. After 2 years you can see a pattern develop so all you need to do is wait and time your purchases well r.e argos 3x2.

Remember that here we have higher than average RRP prices so 50% is maybe only 30-35% off German prices and certainly nothing even close to US deals.

• Like 5