Retiring Soon - open speculation

But in all seriousness, have I found a secret?    Perhaps one is permanent vs temporary?  Do some research guys, there is something to this.  Especially after you click on one.  It can go orange to red or red to red etc.  USA SOH only. There's always a method to there madness.......

I noticed this starting last week.  I track every non-retired set and its status and saw the different colors for 'Sold Out'.  I've been tracking the colors since I noticed and the color for any given set hasn't changed yet.  I've only got a couple weeks worth of data to go on, but so far I haven't seen any reason for the difference.  I was going to keep it to myself to see if there was any correlation before I said something.  I was afraid there might be something to be gained from it and by posting about it, 'someone' might fix it.  Guess that idea's shot... ;) 

• Like 1

Villa Savoye retired in EU. How long until it retires in US/Canada? All the Barnes and Nobles around me have them and I got many discounted gift cards at the ready if I need to raid them.

1 hour ago, MarxMarvelous said:

Villa Savoye retired in EU. How long until it retires in US/Canada? All the Barnes and Nobles around me have them and I got many discounted gift cards at the ready if I need to raid them.

It typically takes quite a while. Months even.

ESB, Sydney Opera House, Farnsworth House and Fallingwater lingered for MONTHS even after the US site showed them as retired in the last wave.

Heck, people are still finding Rockefeller Center, Guggenheim, and others in the wild.

So until they're out of stock in the US online sites, people probably won't even raise an eyebrow.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cladner said:

ISD came out in August 2014 - its only been out a little over a year.

Phantom came out the same day.

I just bought another one of these last week at discount at a TRU and it was the last one there…  I hope so!  I'd stock up on a few more if I can find them…  Dang, this list of potential retirement keeps growing.  It's hard to keep track and debate on what to purchase.

---

Copied from another thread:

Do we have an ongoing list of sets that look like they were ousted during 2xVIP?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but here's what i've seen so far:

Architecture: Villa Savoye (Retired in EU, still available elsewhere)

City: Camper Van

Marvel Super Heroes: Starblaster Showdown, Captain America vs Hydra

Minifigures: Series 14

Mixels: Series 5, and most of series 6

Ninjago: Battle for Ninjago

Star Wars: Red 5, General Grievous Wheel Bike, Utapau Troopers, Anakin's Jedi Interceptor

The Hobbit: Lonely Mountain, Mirkwood Elf Army

Lego Movie: Metalbeards Sea Cow, Metalbeards Duel, Emmets Construct-o-mech, Bennys Spaceship, 

5 minutes ago, cladner said:

Release dates and length of time on market are important, but not determinative.  It is very uncommon for TLG to have sub-$150 sets in a single theme with three different graphic schemes on the market simultaneously for more than 6-9 months.  The rest of the blue box SW are going and ISD should be in that bunch.  Could it survive into next year?  Sure, but I'm not betting on it given that there should be a second wave of TFA sets coming in behind the blue boxes that are going out.    

21 minutes ago, redcell said:

Release dates and length of time on market are important, but not determinative.  It is very uncommon for TLG to have sub-$150 sets in a single theme with three different graphic schemes on the market simultaneously for more than 6-9 months.  The rest of the blue box SW are going and ISD should be in that bunch.  Could it survive into next year?  Sure, but I'm not betting on it given that there should be a second wave of TFA sets coming in behind the blue boxes that are going out.    

I believe most of the winter wave sets coming in January are fairly small sets with Leia's Battle of Takodana command ship being the largest set, and it looks equivalent to the B-wing.   My guess is we will probably see quite a few bigger sets though into summer, and I believe there is a new updated ISD in the Force Awakens.  

27 minutes ago, redcell said:

I think there is a good chance they will make a new set based on episode 7 newer ISD design.

4 minutes ago, redcell said: ISD should stick.  The blue box SW sets have been on their way out for almost a year now.  I'm more surprised by The Phantom.

27 minutes ago, redcell said: Release dates and length of time on market are important, but not determinative.  It is very uncommon for TLG to have sub-$150 sets in a single theme with three different graphic schemes on the market simultaneously for more than 6-9 months.  The rest of the blue box SW are going and ISD should be in that bunch.  Could it survive into next year?  Sure, but I'm not betting on it given that there should be a second wave of TFA sets coming in behind the blue boxes that are going out.    

I think there is a good chance they will make a new set based on episode 7 newer ISD design.

Which makes me think a new, Episode 7 ISD would be a summer 2016 wave

On October 26, 2015 at 7:11:07 PM, valenciaeric said:

So it makes sense that it runs our first. Also VS has been out 6 months longer so it is more likely to be done. What other Architecture sets will go this year, though?

I really hope White House retires.  Talk about long in the tooth...

36 minutes ago, aloughner15 said:

Has anybody noticed when you get on the Lego shop at home site that some of the sold-out stuff is Marked sold out and in red and then other products is marked sold out but in yellow this could be a sign of stuff that is actually going to retire sooner

Or it could just be CSS problems on one of the most problematic retail websites in history. But what fun is that right?

1 hour ago, aloughner15 said:

Has anybody noticed when you get on the Lego shop at home site that some of the sold-out stuff is Marked sold out and in red and then other products is marked sold out but in yellow this could be a sign of stuff that is actually going to retire sooner

What you talkin about Willis

• Like 1