Retiring Soon - open speculation

Is the recent high level of OOS at the moment normal for this time of year? (UK)

Is there any similar pattern from previous years? Do/have they (TLG) flooded with stock in Nov?

Or, as i've noticed in another thread, just so they can catch up on restock etc.

Asking as this is my first year and trying to follow how/what/why!

Is the recent high level of OOS at the moment normal for this time of year? (UK)

Is there any similar pattern from previous years? Do/have they (TLG) flooded with stock in Nov?

Or, as i've noticed in another thread, just so they can catch up on restock etc.

If you think this is bad, just wait until January - April.

Don't know about the UK, but it's pretty typical in the US.  It's a double-points month with a promo added on top, which generally adds up to a lot of sets being out of stock.  Within the next 30-45 days, the sets that will be retiring this year will begin to shift to "Call To Check Product Availability" and then to "Sold Out."  Some sets that go through that status run will come back, most will not.

The 75038 Jedi Interceptor went from "call to check" to "sold out" so maybe it is done for good.  I have a handful but was thinking about picking up a few more.  I know the green 9494 has done ok if you got it at a nice discount, but on the other hand a red version with Obi-wan is due next year.  Not sure what to think of this one.  Maybe I should put the money in Grievous' Wheel Bike since that will probably not be revisited any time soon.

• Like 1

The 75038 Jedi Interceptor went from "call to check" to "sold out" so maybe it is done for good.  I have a handful but was thinking about picking up a few more.  I know the green 9494 has done ok if you got it at a nice discount, but on the other hand a red version with Obi-wan is due next year.  Not sure what to think of this one.  Maybe I should put the money in Grievous' Wheel Bike since that will probably not be revisited any time soon.

I think swooshing Anakiin's and Obi-Wan's starfighters to recreate the opening sequence of EP III would be essential play fare.

• Like 2

Of course it might all be jazz and they are really behind on orders and want to panic people into buying now - the old "retiring soon/limited availability" one two coupled with extended VIP scheme.

Could be. Could be "just incase" too. I wouldn't be surprised though, with 18% growth and considering they were short last year (canceled orders by mom & pops in Canada).

Those minifigures may not be exclusive for long:

Racers 1 – $9.99 Includes Captain America and Red Skull 

Iron Skull Submarine Attack – $34.99 Includes Captain America, Hydra Henchman, Iron Man Scuba Suit Variant, and Iron Skull

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 1

I'm cautiously optimistic about both of these sets.  Although prequel sets are such a mixed bag and a hit or miss… but I think sets with Greivous seem to do well.

The vulture droid has gone nowhere since retiring early this year, and same can be said of the v-wing.  So, it's tough to say.  You can snag grievous wheel bike for 15.00 at some places so you can't lose money there, and should easily double it.  

• Like 1

A new round of "retiring soon tags"  include superheroes, lego movie, and more.  Sorry no time to list them all.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/catalog/productListing.jsp?_requestid=368359

Also some interesting sets " sold out" like Lonely Mountain, Steph's Beach House, Mirkwood Elf Army, Creator Treehouse, Summer Caravan.

http://search-en.lego.com/?cc=US&i=1&m_sort_menu=pricehigh&pt=shop&q=sold+out&rank=rankUS

Quick EU update on PS and TB:

Both are "Available now" again after being "Temporarily out of stock" for several weeks.

Before that they had limit 5, now it's down to 2 - unlike for example PC, DO or SOH which are all at limit 5.

Btw: No signs of a new PS box.

@ valenciaeric: Sorry, I just saw your posts in the other threads.

Edited by Wildemar
  • Like 1