Retiring Soon - open speculation

held off going in on 75054 because of a vague rumor of a new UCS AT AT but  

• Call to check product availability

changes things.

walmarts and targets by me are loaded with AT-AT's.  will have to keep an eye out for sold out.

Keep a close eye on it. Walmart Canada clearance them out in the summer and I have not seen one instore since.

I'd have to review the July Clearance thread, but from what I remember, At-at's, cantina's, ghost's, GG WB, Jedi Interceptor, all the 2014 winter wave battle packs, the Brick Bounty, numerous Superhero sets (I don't pay any attention to those, so I forget which ones), and many of the creator 3 in 1 sets were in that clearance wave.  Seems that most of them are starting to get sold out at Lego S&H during this 2xVIP event.  Don't know if that means these are all going out, but it's making sense.  I know I purchased a few At-At's during that period, and cantinas were at 49.00 at many walmarts….
I haven't seen an AT-AT in these walmarts since they clearances them, same with the brick bounty.  I'm sure the black friday restock at many of these walmarts will be somewhat telling...

My Wal-Marts still have AT-ATs, never clearanced them, and have restocked several times.  Every area is different.

Alright, so remember the clearance at walmart in July?  Looks like that was actually a precursor.

If I recall the Brick Bounty, IR, AT-AT's, GG Wheel Bike, DS Troopers, and Cantina's were all on sale. 

Brick Bounty, and IR are pretty much out.  I think it's telling what is next and probably will go soon.  Also, lego only seems to apply the "retiring soon" tag on sets that are poor sellers that they are hoping to blow out of stock.  Seems that's a sign to "stay away".

Not so sure...doc ock is marks RS and I think that's a winner.

Not so sure...doc ock is marks RS and I think that's a winner.

Yep.  And I'm pretty sure it wasn't marked that way when I ordered mine on 10/13.

I'll just mention this again - that truck would look fantastic in front of the Brick Bank.  If you were even considering bundling the two together at some future date, looks like now is the time to consider picking these things up.

European lego customer service answer to my question today : "PS will come comeback but not before january "

+ the new lego christmas catalog : PS is not tagged with "limited quantity" (the tumbler is tagged)

Lego bluff :)?

Tumbler has been limited availability since day one and all the signs suggest PS is not coming back in January.

I know that sounds BS… no, i didn't ask them. I'm just telling you what they told me. I hope they are wrong.

If you had heard it from one TLG employee and were then talking to another TLG employee about the same subject, why would you not ask them why TLG was doing that?  I don't believe any of what you're saying.

I got 2 different sources, both from lego (europe): PS won't come back in 2015, but in 2016. I asked them if it will retire in 2015, both said NO.

I think you're going to have a hard time getting anyone to believe what your saying. I hope your sources are wrong because it would be a true sucker punch if this made a return next year.

Edited by Crustybeaver

I think you're going to have a hard time getting anyone to believe what your saying. I hope your sources are wrong because it would be a true sucker punch if this made a return next year.

If you had heard it from one TLG employee and were then talking to another TLG employee about the same subject, why would you not ask them why TLG was doing that?  I don't believe any of what you're saying.

Honestly, why should i give you a wrong information? Would i make profit with telling you Bullsh..?… No!

Two employees on the Lego support Hotline told me this… about 4 weeks ago and yesterday. Believe it or believe it not, but please be careful by calling someone a liar. 

• Like 1

Honestly, why should i give you a wrong information? Would i make profit with telling you Bullsh..?… No!

Two employees on the Lego support Hotline told me this… about 4 weeks ago and yesterday. Believe it or believe it not, but please be careful by calling someone a liar. 

It's not that anyone here thinks you'd deliberately give false information, more that you're basing your predictions on nothing more than hear say supplied by a CS rep. There's a thread already created called 'what I heard from a customer services rep today' and very little ends up being credible. If you believed everything you heard from them you'd end up missing out on a lot of sets. Sure they may be right but if you throw enough s**t at the wall sooner or later some of it will stick.

• Like 1

What the forum members are saying is that those employees likely know less than we do about product retirement (less than nothing is still nothing btw). I don't think mean you are a liar that they did not say that, it's that they don't believe what the employees said.

Guys - language is important. Rude posts have no place here and yet again we ask you to tone it down. Seriously, if you can't write a reply without insulting someone, DONT REPLY.

• Like 3

@Crustybeaver

Not all signs ! Another signs of comeback of PS :)

Sure that 5 modulars are too much for 2016...but another production with the new logo is not impossible (hmmm remember Exo-suit ). Why Lego customer service should be a liar ? Ok Lego usually lies :)

@Crustybeaver

Not all signs ! Another signs of comeback of PS :)

Sure that 5 modulars are too much for 2016...but another production with the new logo is not impossible (hmmm remember Exo-suit ). Why Lego customer service should be a liar ? Ok Lego usually lies :)

Exo got a new logo..?

Surprised noone has picked up on this list posted on Eurobricks. Apparently this is an in-shop list from 2014 showing set retirement scheduled dates. Some were accurate, others not so. If authentic it does indeed prove that product life may be extended or shortened depending on demand.

If it is true, then we should not expect a new plane, train nor a remake of AA soon as HE and SC  were retired ahead of schedule. Interesting also to see that TH leapfrogged PS so PS should take its place and retire this year - unless PC is brought forward!!!!!

Exit_date.jpg

I

Edited by valenciaeric
  • Like 2

The chart only backs what I have been saying, LEGO has changed the way they retire sets and now adjust to sales. The horde has been extending production runs. With some sets, it might get to a point where even the horse can't save them, but the game has changed. I would recommend buying sets earlier if you want them to retire faster. This will be hard for many of you to put your arms around, but it could help bring back more stable retirement dates.

I agree with you partly. What should be abolished is the quick flipping of exclusives for 20 euro profit or some vip-points. Cause in that way one caters the market too early and gives a false image of the real demand. There are still many people who do not know about Lego SaH or are no members. So let them sleep till the exclusive sets are retired. Thus creating real end-user demand and less exclusives being produced. Maybe also after some time the no discounts on exclusives policy will be lifted as they are sold less. 

Edited by Ciglione
  • Like 1