Retiring Soon - open speculation

few interesting notes that somewhat relate to possible retiring soon.

damage points levels changed for some of the price points again.  New list was made.  Ewok, TB, Sea Cow , SOH, Sandcrawler, Helicarrier all on it

one notable set not on it.  DS

Raven,

I know that you receive points for purchasing damaged boxes. Are you saying that the number of points you receive is based on the price point of the set and those points can change as the set nears EOL?

I am guessing there is a pre-determined list with points assessed. Do the points go up or down as it gets closer to EOL?

Edited by Kevink24

Raven,

I know that you receive points for purchasing damaged boxes. Are you saying that the number of points you receive is based on the price point of the set and those points can change as the set nears EOL?

I am guessing there is a pre-determined list with points assessed. Do the points go up or down as it gets closer to EOL?

the points awarded change doesn't have anything to do with EOL really, just when something is not on the list it would appear to be a pretty strong sign that it is not planned to be around.  The $250 sets started out as 500 pointers, then were 1000 points and now dropped back down to 500.  Could be that they weren't selling at that one point and raised them.  I feel 500 is low for a $250 set as its only 10% off.  I will pass on most of the 250 sets now.  At a 1000 it was worth it to me for the damage.  Back in the old days you could still get the 10,20, 30 off for varying amounts of damage.  Found a TB the other day that I had gotten 30% off from the heavier damage.  The points system doesn't allow that.

Other sets have changed, Ecto 1 was originally a 500 point set which was great and they realized it was to high and they dropped to 100 points.  

The interesting part is that the sets are not on there for the new list as they probably will not be around while the others that perhaps were thought to be going are still on there.  

No time frame still but is interesting to note.

• Like 4

it is cryptic ... Calling on Ed . 

not very cryptic at all this time.  Cryptic was saying the Exo thread would get busier a few days before it went on sale.  Which for a brief period it did lol.   But then everyone realized it was afterall the exo thread and back to normal.  

• Like 5

I haven't been following T1.. (so I don't know if it did come back in-stock or it has been in-stock for a while) but just saw this by randomly searching for Creator sets.

Amazon now has their own T1 listed separately now?

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-Expert-Volkswagen-Camper/dp/B014QRO0W6/

It's the new box..On the "old" version page "there is a new model"...

10220 10.14.15.jpg

Edited by dcdfan

It's the new box..On the "old" version page "there is a new model"...

10220 10.14.15.jpg

I know there'a new box design. But didn't thought they would actually list separately given the content is the same and didn't see them doing the same for TB. (Not fair!!!) That's interesting.

Amazon is violating its own policies. The listing and the picture don't match . 

That too exactly if the separate listing is really for the new box. :) (The new listing even looks shabby... one small pic)

Other sets seem to have the same listing: TB, PC... And from the previous page, the box dimension did not seem to be changed with the new logo on, at least for PC. Anyone has pictures of old/new PC and T1 side by side? Or maybe people are really tired of these sets. lol

Edited by cissi

That too exactly if the separate listing is really for the new box. :) (The new listing even looks shabby... one small pic)

Other sets seem to have the same listing: TB, PC... And from the previous page, the box dimension did not seem to be changed with the new logo on, at least for PC. Anyone has pictures of old/new PC and T1 side by side? Or maybe people are really tired of these sets. lol

10232 X2.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks. I saw that when it was posted yesterday. Got the impression that they are the same dimensions... but looking more carefully now, the new box does look a bit narrower. Simply telling from the length of the content list on the top side and from the extra length of the portion out of the table at the bottom assuming you lined them up exactly at the center of the table.

Thanks. I saw that when it was posted yesterday. Got the impression that they are the same dimensions... but looking more carefully now, the new box does look a bit narrower. Simply telling from the length of the content list on the top side and from the extra length of the portion out of the table at the bottom assuming you lined them up exactly at the center of the table.

It's not my pic...