Retiring Soon - open speculation

October is discount time - strange things can happen. Once the Xmas catalogues start coming out we can see what they want us to buy.

It was more the fact that, looking at their stock levels showed that they only had 8 stores out of 22 with stock and only 1 of those 8 had more than low stock. None of the 6 stores in the capital had any stock at all.

It was more the fact that, looking at their stock levels showed that they only had 8 stores out of 22 with stock and only 1 of those 8 had more than low stock. None of the 6 stores in the capital had any stock at all.

Maybe THEY don´t want it around for Xmas - what is the situation in other bigger shops like TRU / Argos / Tescos? Here, stock is plentiful pretty much everywhere but we know from last year with the 7965 how quickly that can change.

Maybe THEY don´t want it around for Xmas - what is the situation in other bigger shops like TRU / Argos / Tescos? Here, stock is plentiful pretty much everywhere but we know from last year with the 7965 how quickly that can change.

No longer available at Debenhams, Argos have no more than one in stock per store, TRU have only just opened here, so probably don't have it, Tesco don't do big sets here.

Ok I didn´t realise you were in EIRE. In TRU UK there are 23 online so no panic just yet. I guess that is the problem of being in smaller countries - you have more sporadic deliveries so what works for the rest of us doesn´t always apply.

It´s definitely one to keep an eye on, though.

I've a feeling that the ISD 75055 is on the way out, the main toy store chain here has just discounted it and looking at their website, there's no stock at most of their stores and only low stock at the stores in smaller more remote towns.

Generally when they discount stuff like this they're not expecting it back in and they're discounting it to get it off their shelves to make room for new lines. No sign of a discount on the At-At yet though, I would have expected both of those to go together, although maybe the talk of a UCS Hoth base has nixed it's EOL date.

The last big discount was The Hobbit, Ultra Agents and The Lego Movie, just before they disappeared.

FYI in germany one grocery store which sells lego as well discounted 75054 and they only do that if the set goes out of business. So ATAT is a safe bet :)

• Like 2

Our beach bound double posting friend is spot on about Red 5.

10240 SOLD OUT in North America for the first time that I can recall (not TOOS).

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Red-Five-X-wing-Starfighter-10240

http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Red-Five-X-wing-Starfighter-10240

This is actually the third time it has had the Sold Out label in the last few months.  But... third time's a charm, right?

• Like 1

Our beach bound double posting friend is spot on about Red 5.

10240 SOLD OUT in North America for the first time that I can recall (not TOOS).

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Red-Five-X-wing-Starfighter-10240

http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Red-Five-X-wing-Starfighter-10240

Red-5 sold out at LEGO Shop at Home.

its back to sold out.

the dance is on.

Now saying it's not done. Just saying...

• Like 1

Pretty sure 10240 hasn't changed from 'available' status in the UK

For those just waking up, plenty of activity at Lego shop around the world today with a number of items such as 10240, 10216 and 10218 changing status to SOLD OUT or TOOS.

Off to the beach now, let´s see how things are later on in the day.

Huh...?