Retiring Soon - open speculation

LOL. If he wanted to clear shop space, he should be giving more discounts! Lego is really expensive here in Singapore. 

2x the US rrp even though exchange rate is only 1.43 to the dollar. 

I still wouldn't buy any tumblers from him. He's selling them at $250 USD after conversion. What a joke. And that's after a 10% members discount.

Joke? The Tumbler sells for €220 from the LEGO Webshop in The Netherlands. That's $246 USD after conversion! (V.A.T. included of course).

So don't complain about Lego being really expensive there in Singapore. It's worse here in The Netherlands! :P 

I think we should not forget that Singapore is only a 6 million people market in Asia Pacific region.  Sets inventory there can be totally different from US or European markets, or even Japan and Korea.

As of today, the Helicarrier is available everywhere in the US so I'm not worried.

I'm worried that this is a somewhat similar situation as with what happened with Davem111(?) and his source. If you remember it, the source was a "Lego executive" who accidentally "slipped it bad" to him that Palace Cinema was going to retire in July.

Within a couple of months the horde loaded up on thousands of PCs that it stayed out of stock for weeks at a time.

I'm worried that this is a somewhat similar situation as with what happened with Davem111(?) and his source. If you remember it, the source was a "Lego executive" who accidentally "slipped it bad" to him that Palace Cinema was going to retire in July.

Within a couple of months the horde loaded up on thousands of PCs that it stayed out of stock for weeks at a time.

He is probably only correct about PS. The rest is most likely "what a lego employee told me" misinformation.

I like the 70173 only issue it is a TRU exclusive so may linger. 

Last week I checked TRU & it said they had 517. Today it says they have 928. Not sure what to make of that...I'm hoping they're gonna wanna get rid of these this year for 50% off on BF/CM like Galaxy Squad last year...

• Like 1

I've a feeling that the ISD 75055 is on the way out, the main toy store chain here has just discounted it and looking at their website, there's no stock at most of their stores and only low stock at the stores in smaller more remote towns.

Generally when they discount stuff like this they're not expecting it back in and they're discounting it to get it off their shelves to make room for new lines. No sign of a discount on the At-At yet though, I would have expected both of those to go together, although maybe the talk of a UCS Hoth base has nixed it's EOL date.

The last big discount was The Hobbit, Ultra Agents and The Lego Movie, just before they disappeared.

I've a feeling that the ISD 75055 is on the way out, the main toy store chain here has just discounted it and looking at their website, there's no stock at most of their stores and only low stock at the stores in smaller more remote towns.

Generally when they discount stuff like this they're not expecting it back in and they're discounting it to get it off their shelves to make room for new lines. No sign of a discount on the At-At yet though, I would have expected both of those to go together, although maybe the talk of a UCS Hoth base has nixed it's EOL date.

The last big discount was The Hobbit, Ultra Agents and The Lego Movie, just before they disappeared.

I share your feeling about the ISD. And like you I had expected that the AT-AT would go at the same time as well. But with the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront game in which the AT-AT is prominently figured they may have decided to give it a longer shelf life.

I share your feeling about the ISD. And like you I had expected that the AT-AT would go at the same time as well. But with the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront game in which the AT-AT is prominently figured they may have decided to give it a longer shelf life.

I´d say it´s a 50/50 call on both of them - there have always been multiple large playsets around for Xmas and without these the MF will seem rather isolated. Perhaps they will do a big run in the coming weeks to cater for Xmas and then at least one of them goes and the other in May.

10240 got another big restock yesterday like last week, so it will be around through double VIP. Perhaps it goes after that, though.

Edited by valenciaeric

I´d say it´s a 50/50 call on both of them - there have always been multiple large playsets around for Xmas and without these the MF will seem rather isolated. Perhaps they will do a big run in the coming weeks to cater for Xmas and then at least one of them goes and the other in May.

10240 got a big restock yesterday so it will be around through double VIP.

Possible, but I doubt Smyth's would have discounted the set if they were expecting another delivery.