Retiring Soon - open speculation

The boss of my local lego store in Singapore has also told me that the Tumbler is going to be EOL soon, along with the Helicarrier and Pet shop.

He usually drops by every tuesday morning when its restock day. I was there buying a few modulars off him, so we chatted for a bit.

Palace cinema, vw camper, simpsons house are all continuing into 2016.

he said the info was by looking at his list of orderables for the next few months. Didnt see that tumbler or helicarrier could be ordered anymore. 

He even slapped "retiring soon" signs on the tumbler and helicarrier stocks in the store.

As always, take it with a grain of salt

i was very skeptical at first. Helicarrier only just released this year!

Edited by Nawoo

People have been proclaiming the Tumbler was retiring since its release & some reasons didn't sound so strange. Helicarrier just sounds bizarre...

well he did tell me alot of people would be caught off guard with helicarrier. If he's wrong, i will never trust him again

Do you have any info he's previously revealed that's come to fruition?

It was my first in depth chat with him. This was about 1 month back actually. 2 weeks prior to talking to him, I actually saw the "retiring soon" tag slapped on a helicarrier at one of his other outlets. At that point of time, I was very skeptical because how can the Helicarrier be retired when it just came out less than 6 months ago?? 

But he confirmed it to me when I had the chat with him, as well as Tumbler and PS. 

Earlier this year, he had Tower of Orthanc with "retiring soon" tag slapped on it as well and that really came true. So that's the only previous experience I had with him.

The boss of my local lego store in Singapore has also told me that the Tumbler is going to be EOL soon, along with the Helicarrier and Pet shop.

He usually drops by every tuesday morning when its restock day. I was there buying a few modulars off him, so we chatted for a bit.

Palace cinema, vw camper, simpsons house are all continuing into 2016.

he said the info was by looking at his list of orderables for the next few months. Didnt see that tumbler or helicarrier could be ordered anymore. 

He even slapped "retiring soon" signs on the tumbler and helicarrier stocks in the store.

As always, take it with a grain of salt

i was very skeptical at first. Helicarrier only just released this year!

what about sydney opera house& the tower bridge?did he say they are retiring?

what about sydney opera house& the tower bridge?did he say they are retiring?

I'm not sure. I didn't ask about those as I'm not too interested in those sets, lol. 

I'm heading down to the store tomorrow though. Will see if he's there and ask him. Tomorrow is restock day. Hopefully some nice items come in. 

No outgoing tags on the sw stuff. There were ucs slave 1, tie fighter and sandcrawler in the shop. Loads on vw camper van.

he better not be bluffing man. Could it be he's trying to move his big money items faster by slapping those tags on them?

• Like 1

No outgoing tags on the sw stuff. There were ucs slave 1, tie fighter and sandcrawler in the shop. Loads on vw camper van.

he better not be bluffing man. Could it be he's trying to move his big money items faster by slapping those tags on them?

So just to be sure, did they have 10240 and 10188in stock or not?

Oldest trick in the book is increase demand through perceived scarcity.

So just to be sure, did they have 10240 and 10188in stock or not?

Oldest trick in the book is increase demand through perceived scarcity.

none of them. He used to get DS but all gone now. Never ever seen him get Red fives. They may get sweeped on restock day. Who knows.

i'm heading down tomorrow to take a look

• Like 1

Which VW Camper Van? The old box or new box?

Thanks for the info.

Other than TOO ( which was predictable because the license ended), was he right before on other sets such as R2D2, Haunted House, and especially Town Hall?

Edit: saw your reply after posting this.

Edited by legone3