Retiring Soon - open speculation

I've sold a lot of Lego Architecture sets last year.  The Architecture sets usually sell very well during the holiday season.  So, you just gotta hold on til Black Friday thru Christmas.  That's when these things sell like hotcakes.  As long as they're reasonably priced.  Btw, I notice your Star Wars Black Series collection.  Those will sell great too, right before and after the new movie comes out.  I've got a bunch I'm planning to sell as well.

Somehow there seems to be something wrong with my eBay listing. I can't get my listing to appear on the search results by just typing "Lego 21005" or "Lego 21005 Fallingwater", which is what I'd imagine most people would type. I've only got 14 views on that listing after 4 days.

All my other listings are coming out fine, like my 21007 Rockefeller centre. I just have to type "Lego 21007" and it shows up straightaway.  Because of that, i have sold 2 sets for $90 USD with free shipping over the last 3 days. 

Which reminds me, the lego store that I got Fallingwater from also has about 30 Rockefeller centres just sitting there at about $35 USD each. I should probably be clearing those out too. 

Star wars black series stuff I've only got 1 of each character. Too many to collect! I've got 3 Darth mauls though. They should sell for a pretty penny

Edited by Nawoo

So today I walked into my Lego store and found Deathstars and Tower or Orthans on the shelf?! I checked the production dates and they all were 27R5 and all minty crisp. I thought these were all done. Needless to say I took em all. MSRP on these is not bad. Almost let them sit there since I have 10 of each but I think I would have regretted that later.

Somehow there seems to be something wrong with my eBay listing. I can't get my listing to appear on the search results by just typing "Lego 21005" or "Lego 21005 Fallingwater", which is what I'd imagine most people would type. I've only got 14 views on that listing after 4 days.

All my other listings are coming out fine, like my 21007 Rockefeller centre. I just have to type "Lego 21007" and it shows up straightaway.  Because of that, i have sold 2 sets for $90 USD with free shipping over the last 3 days. 

Which reminds me, the lego store that I got Fallingwater from also has about 30 Rockefeller centres just sitting there at about $35 USD each. I should probably be clearing those out too. 

Star wars black series stuff I've only got 1 of each character. Too many to collect! I've got 3 Darth mauls though. They should sell for a pretty penny

I think R2-D2 should be money, unless they are going to re-release him.

I've had that problem too with one of my Lego sets.  It doesn't show up on my end, but I think it shows up on everyone else's end.  

In regards to the Lego Rockefellers... yes, those sell very well, especially during the holiday season. Last year I scavenged up about 20 of them at various Barnes & Nobles.  I sold them all.  My advice for these Architure sets would be to sell all of them during that holiday window.   They sell like hotcakes during that time.  After the holidays is when it becomes much harder for these sets to sell.  It just takes much longer.  Believe me from experience. 

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but what happens when a set retires?  Is there a party?  Is there a page that announces it on LEGO.com?  I'm new here, so I haven't got to see a wroth-while retirement, so I'm curious as to what happens.

it just goes quietly into the night. Then prices start creeping up. Tower of Orthanc just recently retired and prices have been creeping up already. 

Somehow there seems to be something wrong with my eBay listing. I can't get my listing to appear on the search results...

When this happens to me, it is usually because ebay put my item in the wrong sub-category.  Click on your listing and see if, at the top of the page, it says:

"Listed in category: Toys & Hobbies > Building Toys > LEGO > Sets"

Just recently, I had a set listed under:

"Listed in category: Toys & Hobbies > Building Toys > LEGO > Other

... did not show up in search results.

When this happens to me, it is usually because ebay put my item in the wrong sub-category.  Click on your listing and see if, at the top of the page, it says:

I've had similar experiences. Funny thing is eBay still charges you the same price even when no one else can find your listing...

Thanks for your advice! My listings are coming out fine now! Hope I can sell some Fallingwaters now that the search has been rectified!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MISB-New-Sealed-LEGO-Architecture-Fallingwater-21005-/121773452247?hash=item1c5a436bd7

Sucks that I'm based in Singapore. I have to offer free shipping (expensive for me) in order to price match the US sellers. 

AFAIK you have to search item by item and see the last available date for each. Alternatively there is an excel on the 1st page of the retired product thread of this forum that gives the month of retirement but is not up to date.

Ok I see the date range in the availability section. Thanks!

There are a bunch of Mixels series 5 in my local stores, probaby in the 100's. Should I invest in these? How does Mixels sell? 

More bang for the buck as compared with buying a CMF.

Earlier series will sell current ones you will need to hold for the right time. Series 6 is good to quick flip now if you find them.