Retiring Soon - open speculation

Maybe, maybe not, I just know I don't want to be left holding none.

I agree with you on the Imperial Hotel.   I've been buying a few of those every once in a while when amazon dips it to around 100.00.  Just look at the way Fallingwater and Robie House have gone… enough said.  These larger architecture sets have legs to them.  

Bought 20 Fallingwaters last week for $73 usd each.

how long do you reckon i should be holding these?

i've been testing the market and putting one up on ebay at $180 free shipping, but no takers so far

hold until 1 month before the remake is announced! (valid advice for all sets)

Well I kinda know what I want to do with them, thats why I cleared them off the racks. Just wasn't sure how long to hold them for. 

I'm in this for the long haul, so I guess 1-2 years should see the price rise nicely.

Hope the lego shop I frequent has more of these in stock. They keep refilling the shelves with these at 30% off clearance pricing even though I keep clearing them each time, lol.  

Edited by Nawoo

Dont get me wrong, but why buy 20 sets if you dont know what you are going to do with them.

That's like asking why someone would trade their $50 bills for $100 bills when they take up the same amount of space in their wallet.  How about because the average price of the last 10 sold on eBay is 161.  Or that $72 is 27% off MSRP for a retired set that is hot.  I could go on...

Bought 20 Fallingwaters last week for $73 usd each.

how long do you reckon i should be holding these?

i've been testing the market and putting one up on ebay at $180 free shipping, but no takers so far

I've sold a lot of Lego Architecture sets last year.  The Architecture sets usually sell very well during the holiday season.  So, you just gotta hold on til Black Friday thru Christmas.  That's when these things sell like hotcakes.  As long as they're reasonably priced.  Btw, I notice your Star Wars Black Series collection.  Those will sell great too, right before and after the new movie comes out.  I've got a bunch I'm planning to sell as well.

That's like asking why someone would trade their $50 bills for $100 bills when they take up the same amount of space in their wallet.  How about because the average price of the last 10 sold on eBay is 161.  Or that $72 is 27% off MSRP for a retired set that is hot.  I could go on...

My guess is... maybe you didn't get his sarcasm? Nor do I think the OP was completely clueless.

Edited by cissi