Retiring Soon - open speculation

FW much better but bpers got it around 100 or less...will hit 200 mark soon...i mean dollars

200 by christmas.  300 or higher by next christmas isn't out of question..  I noticed a noticable drop in the amount of sellers over the last few months.  That number will continue to go down..

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1

I will keep it at least 1 year for sure, then I'll see what to do next. Thank you very much for the help. ;)

Then I say go for it.  FW is one the few sets this year that has spiked nicely right after retirement.  It's been at 199.99 USD on amazon.  You could buy these in the 80's at one point.  So, some are close to doubling their money after fees.

• Like 1

Hi All, FW already hits €249,- retail in Western Europe. Unfortunately I didn't buy it when it was stil €80,-.... Now thinking of buying 10237-1 The Tower of Orthanc it just retired and is available at €269,- now. Also thinking of buying the Pet Shop and Grand Cinema. All as investments. What would you suggest?

Hi All, FW already hits €249,- retail in Western Europe. Unfortunately I didn't buy it when it was stil €80,-.... Now thinking of buying 10237-1 The Tower of Orthanc it just retired and is available at €269,- now. Also thinking of buying the Pet Shop and Grand Cinema. All as investments. What would you suggest?

In germany still available for 139,-

Concentrate your money on "old" sets that are still available.

So any news on the Death Star?   Lego was showing a message stating that "more were being made", but now its says "sold out".  Which is typically a retirement thing.     I cant imagine they would retire it prior to a new Star Wars movie unless they have a massive UCS Force Awakens set to take its place.   hmmmmmmm

Edited by bells27
Got anwer

ToO but I am not sure how prices translate.  This one is sold out while the others still have life on them. 

• 2 weeks later...

What is FW ? I could only think of Ferris Wheel but the MSRP of that set is €189,99 and it is highly unlikely it was sold for €80 at some time, so I have to guess you mean something different with "FW" ?

Apart from GB HQ, people are emphatic about  a new modular building release next year. It would seem release would not be Q1 2016 so does this mean no modular will retire in 2015???

Personally I'm skeptical on the GB HQ, it was leaked news that is not official. And would the Ecto -1 come with it, or would you have to buy 21108 separately? 4400 pieces is quite a count.

It would be a stand alone set, not related to modulars, and I doubt it would be a reason not to make a new modular.

Anybody notice that Ultra Agents has disappeared from Lego SAH?  It's no longer listed under themes.  Sorry if this was posted already in a different thread.

The theme has been absent from the European (Australia) LEGO Shop at Home for about a month now. Also was able to nab about 20 Hurricane Heists @ $20ea (RRP is $90 here).

Worse case I give them away as gifts or prizes on my FB page.