Retiring Soon - open speculation

The other interesting thing about the Ultra Agents Ocean HQ is that there probably aren't many people holding much of it.  I'm sure lots of people have 2 or 3 or 5 but I don't think the situation is anything like the Pet Shops or Red Fives out there stacked up by the dozens in about 5,000 different basements just waiting for X-Mas 2016...

I wonder how many total copies of this set TLG even made.  It had to be very small.   And it just doesn't *feel* like it has long to live...

The other interesting thing about the Ultra Agents Ocean HQ is that there probably aren't many people holding much of it.  I'm sure lots of people have 2 or 3 or 5 but I don't think the situation is anything like the Pet Shops or Red Fives out there stacked up by the dozens in about 5,000 different basements just waiting for X-Mas 2016...

I wonder how many total copies of this set TLG even made.  It had to be very small.   And it just doesn't *feel* like it has long to live...

On the flip side, lots of people actually WANT those Pet Shops and Red Fives, whereas many don't care about an ultra agents set and never will.

• Like 7

well according to the toys r us website, they have 492 Ocean HQ's left.  Now if 492 of us just buy one more set, we are golden!!! ;)

• Like 1

On the flip side, lots of people actually WANT those Pet Shops and Red Fives, whereas many don't care about an ultra agents set and never will.

Agreed, however, the Ocean HQ boat is pretty cool looking. I can see it's potential appeal to boat/ship collectors. That being said, I'm not buying any. I'd rather buy modulars, exclusives, and Star Wars. Good luck to those who are taking a chance on this one.

I got 2 today in the mail.  Last week when I ordered TRU had just a little over 500.  So they only sold 10 ? ... not including mine?   I'll put one together....looking like the other $100 was flushed down the drain.

Buy enough, and you can build a human-scale Ocean HQ.  Plastic floats...

I got 2 today in the mail.  Last week when I ordered TRU had just a little over 500.  So they only sold 10 ? ... not including mine?   I'll put one together....looking like the other $100 was flushed down the drain.

now it says 402.  And there were four available at stores within 20 miles of me on Sunday.  Now they are all gone.

That could be promising...  I'm curious to see if the removed ebay listing from TRU will have any effect on ebay sales...

I doubt it. Almost all of the completed sales in the past month are from one seller, a member here, with multiple listings and I was able to sneak a few sales in. 

80% or more of the buyers of this set on eBay are from outside the USA where the set is not available and TRU online/eBay are not an option unless they are using a FF. I sold all but one of mine using GSP. It's a great set, fun build, and looks awesome but I don't see it getting over $150 people will just buy something else. 

However I did think about buying all of these from TRU a few weeks ago the last time it went to Sold Out at LEGO Shop at Home but luckily my backers were indecisive and by the time the decision was made to pass it returned. 

I still think it screams buy me 

image.jpg

• Like 3

How so? DC was available everywhere in store and online. 

I had "quoted" your pic of the Agents ship, but the pic got lost somehow.  All I meant is the Agents ship looked like the anti- Dolphin Cruiser.  I've always liked the Agents stuff.  I wish more folks did (and it would be great if Lego actually marketed it).

• Like 3