Retiring Soon - open speculation

Fine, if we are going to complain, don't just put your set number into your post. Write out the stupid freaking set name. I don't have time to decipher what set 75101 is.

I really haven't been here long enough to complain but in the spirit of adding to this mess I'll give mine...I cringe every time read the word 'poof'.  I mean, let's be honest, AFOL is not the most masculine of hobbies and using words like that definitely isn't helping.

My vote for favorite acronym is not for a set, but instead for one of the most useful buying tools available...the Target Inventory Tracker. Let's face it, three words consisting of twenty-two letters is a bit much to type out. We should all use this acronym going forward to save time, and to provide a good chuckle.

one of my favorite posts when i pointed that out to Jeff and his repsonse lol

• Like 1

I really haven't been here long enough to complain but in the spirit of adding to this mess I'll give mine...I cringe every time read the word 'poof'.  I mean, let's be honest, AFOL is not the most masculine of hobbies and using words like that definitely isn't helping.

Can't even begin to imagine how conflicted you must feel about the Elves line... 

• Like 1

I think AFOL is mostly for people who don't care about how masculine their hobbies are perceived as. Personally, I drive on race tracks to compensate for that. 

Most times when I read someone's "poof", I hear that sound from the classic Disney films where it sounded like some guy in the recording studio literally went "poof!" under his breath. Other times they sound like the aftermath for one of those "pull my finger" moments. :stinker:

thats why I prefer gonzo , plus it has a fitting giphy that happens to go poof as well 

This is solid advise. From now on when I read it I'll imagin

the-usual-suspects.jpg?w=625&h=390&crop=

And like that, poof. He's gone

• Like 2

This is what gets me about this idea of masculinity/femininity.  I love my Lego and I love showing it off.  I truly honestly don't give two s***s about what people think of my 'non-masculine' hobby.  It's what's fun for me, and they can screw off with their opinions.  I'm glad we are getting to a point where it seems like the traditional notion of what's masculine and feminine is starting to go away. I mean hell, my other big hobby are my tarantulas.  I guess that's good enough to offset the childishness of Lego?

I remember years and years ago, being a big gamer was the epitome of non-masculine, but now look at it, people don't get called dumb names anymore for being a gamer.  Things change, and the term AFOL doesn't mean what it used to mean anymore now that Lego is truly hitting the mainstream.  And that's a fantastic notion.

Bro culture

Brotein

And if the box art has changed it will not retire this year.

Does a box change even mean this? Doesn't cost much to change box art. Is there any precedent for this? I'm sure there were sets that changed boxes and then retired the same year. (pls correct me if I'm wrong)

70173 Ultra Agents Ocean HQ is "call to check" on SAH.  Still widely available at TRU in my neck of the woods....  Picked up one more today.  Very curious to see is this one will be in demand a year after EOL (whenever EOL ends up being)...

It's still "call to check" at SAH.  But TRU had an ebay listing for the set that has now disappeared.  Still available online through Toys R Us website.