Retiring Soon - open speculation

and JW as well - but this is a very brief catalog and many sets/themes (speed champions, juniors, duplo, pirates etc) do not appear

I think the validity of catalogues is questionable because, as you say, space is limited.

The weird thing is my 2H Spain/Portugal one proudly shows Hobbit, Agents, Bwing, Milano and Movie which  all went to EOL heaven in 1H yet there is no space for a number of other sets that are still being made.

Fall catalogue in US. New star wars sets

Death Star still in it!

http://shop.lego.com...633-usfall-base

someone is following your advice. 70-90 sets bought in the past 1-2 hours from TRU

and EV and R5 is not :)

I would not draw EOL conclusions from what is the catalog.  the 2014 summer catalog had the SSD in it, even though it was basically gone before most got the catalog.  It also had TH and AA, but did not have GE, or R2.  AA was also in the 2014 holiday catalog. (dont quote me on this its just based on a quick google search and some memory.) I assume EOL sets are put in the catalog to encourage sales, but not all of them make the cut. And the catalogs are likely sent to the printers well in advance, so inventory at the time of shipping is hard to predict.

• Like 3

Mass panic can begin... - Pig is definitely gone, I had a call with LEGO today.

Mauro

P.S. Cool, that I have bought 10 of them one month ago :-)

It is retired... Believe me or not... :-)

Mauro

Is Valentine Scene or Eastern Scene or Birthday Cake set not retired after being only about 2 months available?

The same procedure was applied to the Piggy Coin Bank set.

40155 is back in stock in Europe with a couple hundred, so...

Not releasing any set in some locations is like showing a rag to a bull.

Rule 1 of lego investing: the rarer the better

fair enough point but I'm wondering how cool this set actually is. On a scale of 1-10, is it a 6? A 7? It certainly isn't a 9 or 10, or even an 8, is it? My TRU has a bunch on the shelves and I could be easily walking out with them at under $80 a piece, but if they're only going to be worth $125 post-EOL, it's hardly worth my time (that's just me). Anybody think this will double to $200 in a reasonable amount of time?

fair enough point but I'm wondering how cool this set actually is. On a scale of 1-10, is it a 6? A 7? It certainly isn't a 9 or 10, or even an 8, is it? My TRU has a bunch on the shelves and I could be easily walking out with them at under $80 a piece, but if they're only going to be worth $125 post-EOL, it's hardly worth my time (that's just me). Anybody think this will double to $200 in a reasonable amount of time?

I don't know what "reasonable amount of time" is to you but I see this as at least a $300 set...

• Like 1

under $80 a piece?  how?

They are called plazas or rings - arenas are where Taylor Swift does her concerts.......

Yeah, I would deffo go in for 1 or 2 - so many markets were excluded from this that the world will be your oyster.

Thanks for the clarification. We (and it's a general "we as Americans" because I don't partake in them) sometimes hold rodeos in arenas. ;)

(a rodeo being the closest thing around here to waving a rag to a bull)

Edited by biking_tiger

Thanks for the clarification. We (and it's a general "we as Americans" because I don't partake in them) sometimes hold rodeos in arenas. ;)

(a rodeo being the closest thing around here to waving a rag to a bull)

A lot of people wave rags at Taylor Swift too!

$100 at TRU. 15% off coupon on my smartphone, infinitely reusable (but I think one item per visit?). 

Then add back in sales tax 8.1%.

Then pay with 14% discounted Raise gift cards for TRU (also smartphone).

comes out to $79 each, out the door.

Curious how'd you got 14% from Raise.com?

Curious how'd you got 14% from Raise.com?

Alacrity, my good man. Consistent alacrity. 

(12% is a daily thing - except maybe on Thursdays. And it poofs very fast, usually. 13% is maybe twice a week, 14% is maybe twice a month, and 15% is my personal best. Others have reported 19%. But that's as rare as a unicorn with one green eye and one blue. You just have to check all day long. It's like a game.)

Edited by mfortunek

70173 Ultra Agents Ocean HQ is "call to check" on SAH.  Still widely available at TRU in my neck of the woods....  Picked up one more today.  Very curious to see is this one will be in demand a year after EOL (whenever EOL ends up being)...

good to hear.  There are some scattered around my neck of the woods too, but I've been helping thin the herd.

This series wasn't popular.  I doubt it does real well, but 2x or possible 3x is still a good return. 

I'm new to this, but the two seem incongruous to me. How does a set from such a dreadfully unpopular series double or triple in price after EOL? I've been buying these because of the perceived scarcity, but, to be 100% honest, when I look at the box there's nothing about it that excites me. I wouldn't buy it (for myself) for more than $40 or $50, and that would be just for the parts.

what am I missing about this?

(haha and why am I buying it since I obviously think it's lame? I'm such a lemming)

• Like 1

A lot of the Agents sets are actually pretty well done.  Many, if not most, of Lego's non-licensed themes struggle in the marketplace (go go Galaxy Squad!), but past Agents sets have appreciated reasonably well.  I definitely would not buy at anywhere near MSRP however.  Agents isn't Star Wars, but I'd take it over Ninjago at the same price per piece.