Retiring Soon - open speculation

Death Star back to sold out but still with the caveat that they're making more.  ToO sold out again this morning.  EEE is back for shipping.  There are lots of dance partners on shop at home this week.

For most it will be a long dance.  Likely wont be certain if they are done until early next year.  So place your bets on which will be the ones to fall...

I would bet that ToO, Red 5, EEE, and Sea Cow are done.  There may be a trickle of the remaining stock but I think these will stay sold out in the coming months and then be officially marked as retired in early 2016 similar to what we saw with the wave of retired exclusives from last year.  I'm not so sure about the Death Star, Pet Shop, and Ewok Village but they're prime candidates as we already know.

Edited by zskid00

A smart investor makes money on equities regardless which way the market is heading. Smart money has cashed out and will be back once this correction (or crisis, hard to tell what it will be) is over. 

I read the Telegraph article. I call it a piece to distract people from the equity rout. I doubt it will affect our market (the article that is). In order to invest in Lego, you need to have an interest in it, and most traders laugh at the prospect of investing in toys.

I wouldn't say investing all your money in Lego is a wise thing either. If the shiet really hits the fan you need hard currency (or a good stash of food and a firearm lol) as you can't eat lego. 

Shotgun, check.

3 month supply canned food, can opener, and water, check.  

Toilet tank water and the water in canned veggies is also a hydration source in a zombie apocalypse. 

Shotgun, check.

3 month supply canned food, can opener, and water, check.  

Toilet tank water and the water in canned veggies is also a hydration source in a zombie apocalypse. 

No need to wait for zombies.  Just watch one of those Thanksgiving night Wal-Mart openings where the crowd literally fights its way into the store for a chance at cheapo generic televisions from China.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Tower Bridge? I thought it was done, but then Amazon came back in stock. LEGO Shop at Home keeps going in and out. I read on this forum that the box was redesigned. Does this mean there might be another run on this set? Would LEGO redesign a box if they were intending on retiring it?

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Tower Bridge? I thought it was done, but then Amazon came back in stock. LEGO Shop at Home keeps going in and out. I read on this forum that the box was redesigned. Does this mean there might be another run on this set? Would LEGO redesign a box if they were intending on retiring it?

It's long overdue, not like that phrase means anything as of late. 

It sounds illogical that LEGO would be willing to re-package this set if it really planned to retire it in the short term. No one can be sure, but I would not be surprised to see in the shelves for most of 2016. I have none anymore, so that could come haunt me if it ends up retiring this year,.

• Like 1

Thank you kindly for your opinion. I just started and this was my first investment. Sadly, it looks like I purchased too soon. Oh well I guess a learning curve. Funny thing is my local LEGO store has been out of stock on this set for months. Then last week they received a sizable shipment in. They had several sitting on the shelf.

Thank you kindly for your opinion. I just started and this was my first investment. Sadly, it looks like I purchased too soon. Oh well I guess a learning curve. Funny thing is my local LEGO store has been out of stock on this set for months. Then last week they received a sizable shipment in. They had several sitting on the shelf.

Don't worry. When I first started in 2013 I actually bought 2 of these. One I ended up opening and the other one I sold. Comes with the territory!

• Like 1

You say too soon but look at the value in three years and then tell me what else you could have invested in that would have produced the same returns.

I have some items that I hold on for "too long" and it may be three years but when the return is 100--200%, I understand it is just me being impatient.  

• Like 2

Red 5 is back at SAH.   I decided to grab a couple extras... trade bait for someday.  I'd like it if they would have a couple more ToO.  Just need one!!

It would be so wrong of Lego to retire Red 5 and leave the Death Star hanging around.  That's letting the Empire win!

• Like 1

Considering that most of the world didn´t even get a sniff at this set, I would be buying TRU out of them in truckloads. It could be one of the rarest sets ever.

someone is following your advice. 70-90 sets bought in the past 1-2 hours from TRU

Fall catalogue in US. New star wars sets

Death Star still in it!

http://shop.lego.com...633-usfall-base

and EV and R5 is not :)

Yeah but all of the current Star Wars sets are not in it either so I don't think that's anything to go by. I do find it intersting however that the Mystery plane adventure and the Haunted Lighthouse are missing in the Scooby Doo section...but all other sections are missing half of their inventory as well so who cares.

Edited by TigerG

Fall catalogue in US. New star wars sets

Death Star still in it!

http://shop.lego.com...633-usfall-base

I'm not a figurine kind of guy but those buildables are intriguing. Vader looks well done and General Grievous looks pretty badass!

These are the first wave of a new series, whose going to take the plunge on these? I'm seriously considering it.