Retiring Soon - open speculation

I think it is actually pretty smart to show it. 

When I see the restock of PS with 1185 units my investing moral gets a big hit. Makes me want to vomit really.

Is PS really so popular? Or is it us resellers chasing our own tails?

we've known this information for over 4-5 months now.  It's only EU data, but its saved me a near fortune!

Can you deliberate on how did it save you a near fortune? You also got demoralized by the publicly accessable information about restocks? So you just stopped buying?

Edited by Ciglione
  • Like 1

I think it is actually pretty smart to show it.

When I see the restock of PS with 1185 units my investing moral gets a big hit. Makes me want to vomit really.

Is PS really so popular? Or is it us resellers chasing our own tails?

Can you deliberate on how did it save you a near fortune? You also got demoralized by the publicly accessable information about restocks? So you just stopped buying?

I haven't started buying some of those sets yet.  I only want a certain amount of each (within lego limits) so the restock info helps me to decide....buying 5 of PR and 5 of PC would cost over £1000.  I can save the cash a buy later....

• Like 1

Seattle Space Needle 21003 no longer "Call to check" now "Out of stock, expected ship date Aug 23 2015" & Limit of 99! WTH!?

I figured this out last night too... It really surprised me

I thought this one will be gone really soon, but looks like we have to wait a little bit longer.

TB's status shows (once again):

"Temporarily out of stock" at LEGO Shop at Home US. 

Its status flips back and forth for several months and I'm really confused what it means in relation to a probable retirement. Maybe Lego is only exchanging the boxes with the new Creator label. The same for SoH and its permanent "will ship in 30 days" status, whereas it got a very little restock of 30 units the day before yesterday since May in EU. 

TB's status shows (once again):

"Temporarily out of stock" at LEGO Shop at Home US. 

Its status flips back and forth for several months and I'm really confused what it means in relation to a probable retirement. Maybe Lego is only exchanging the boxes with the new Creator label. The same for SoH and its permanent "will ship in 30 days" status, whereas it got a very little restock of 30 units the day before yesterday since May in EU. 

TB will have a new box. Looks like it will be back soon.

41015 Dolphin Cruiser is "call to check..." I know that doesn't mean anything lately but come on, I gotta have hope...

Also, appears to be out of stock @ Amazon & Walmart...

I don't expect it to be greatly sought after around the holidays this year, pre-official retirement, but you never know.  With short supply comes great opportunity.

Hallelujah!  Let's hope it sticks.  Yea to DC going also.  I have a stack of those I bought at a nice discount in January that I would like to clear out this Christmas.

Edit - Ok I checked DC just now and get the following status.  It's still order-able unfortunately.

• Out of stock, expected ship date Aug 30 2015
Edited by zskid00