Retiring Soon - open speculation

Even if the Ewok Village does retire end of the year, why sell it to make $50-100 just wait it will be a $500 set or so, just like people saying the Batman Ayslum is a dud, another bad move to sell them early to make a few bucks, don't worry the prices on both of these will rise, thats why I say alt least 75% of people crack and can't wait. I have 30 EV, and 33 AA, and glad I have all of them.   Ed

• Like 5

Yes AA is crappy piece of ****.  Do you think anyone would sell me their MISB AAs if I start offering to buy them for MSRP ???

Hey, if selling above MSRP eight months after retirement is your standard for a "winner", then every exclusive, and almost every non-exclusive, is A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

However, I respectfully suggest that if you actually want to maximize your ROI, you should be more selective in your investments (this also means giving up on your dream of sweet returns for Ninjago and Chima).

For anyone determined to load up on Tumblers, it's not unreasonable to expect the set to retire at the end of the year.  It would fit with AA retiring shortly after Tumbler was released.  Now that we have Helicarrier, it may be time for Tumbler to go, maintaining just one exclusive in the Super Heroes theme at a time.

Edited by GhostDad

Hey, if selling above MSRP eight months after retirement is your standard for a "winner", then every exclusive, and almost every non-exclusive, is A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

However, I respectfully suggest that if you actually want to maximize your ROI, you should be more selective in your investments (this also means giving up on your dream of sweet returns for Ninjago and Chima).

For what ? Those fake minifigs on eBay ? I heard they made 5-6x their buy ins per item sold :D 

Why would 70410 Soldiers Outpost be "Call to check" already? Did the Chess set go to "call to check" or was it just TOOS?

I don't believe in these stock status anymore. Everyone in JW threads are saying Lego will not make a run just for a few months, let alone a theme that has no license to it.

How can you see on which products lego does double or extra vip-points? 

I saw the promo in the store and it's on the U.S. Promo calendar for August to go along with the Classic Pirates set that being given out. Brick Bounty is also currently double VIP in the U.S. 

• Like 1

Sorry if I arrived late to the  party but Ultra Agents appears to be done. Theme tag has been removed from shop EU and all references are now sold out or retired.

So they also retired the new wave of 9 sets after something like 5-6 months. Weird... As far as I know Ocean HQ for example was not even available on all international websites till now, so it basically retired before it was even released. Wow.

Edited by rfish

So they also retired the new wave of 9 sets after something like 5-6 months. Weird... As far as I know Ocean HQ for example was not even available on all international websites till now, so it basically retired before it was even released. Wow.

Good call. I think you have just hit on the most exclusive set of 2015.

Yup, seems to have been a non European release and only for 4 months (if no more are made) - 2015´s Arctic plane!

So that´s Hobbit, LOTR, Agents, Lego Movie (except SC) and Chima themes all gone or going this year.

Edited by valenciaeric