Retiring Soon - open speculation

Mass panic can begin... - Pig is definitely gone, I had a call with LEGO today.

Mauro

P.S. Cool, that I have bought 10 of them one month ago :-)

I don't know what you mean by "gone" other than sold out. This isn't even 2 months old. I don't think this is done, if that's what you mean...

So this will be my first comment, been lurking for ages, but what is with the sudden rash of people thinking sets and entire series will retire after only a few months? For example, IMO, it seems absolutely insane to think the entire JW line was going EOL.

So this will be my first comment, been lurking for ages, but what is with the sudden rash of people thinking sets and entire series will retire after only a few months? For example, IMO, it seems absolutely insane to think the entire JW line was going EOL.

Is Valentine Scene or Eastern Scene or Birthday Cake set not retired after being only about 2 months available?

The same procedure was applied to the Piggy Coin Bank set.

Jurassic World will be available again...

Mauro, I believe you as much as I believe that pig will fly.

See my answer above...

Edited by mauro23

On second thought... With some power functions motors, a little elbow grease and some contempt for the heavens...Yes! By god, yes--- this pig may very well fly.

Somebody get me some pliers and coffee. It's time to get babe out of the city.

As for Mauro, he may actually be onto somethin here... 

Perhaps my judgement was too quick or perhaps my eyes are too focused on modulars and ucs exclusives to notice the gem that is lego's "random ass novelty/holiday" line. 

That's the official name, right?

Is Valentine Scene or Eastern Scene or Birthday Cake set not retired after being only about 2 months available?

The same procedure was applied to the Piggy Coin Bank set.

Jurassic World will be available again...

See my answer above...

Birthday cake is not over, it can be ordered here up to 99 for January delivery. The others you site were flagged as seasonal...

Edited by dcdfan

Did anyone see the Brick Fanatics post about the Tumbler being retired from B&M Lego stores at the end of the year.

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/did-you-win-a-lego-bat-pod/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+brickfanatics+(Brick+Fanatics)

Does this mean it's retiring? If so this would be a big surprise as this set only came out in Dec. 2014 and it appears to be very popular.

Did anyone see the Brick Fanatics post about the Tumbler being retired from B&M Lego stores at the end of the year.

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/did-you-win-a-lego-bat-pod/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+brickfanatics+(Brick+Fanatics)

Does this mean it's retiring? If so this would be a big surprise as this set only came out in Dec. 2014 and it appears to be very popular.

I really don't think it's close to retiring as it's just too new. I think maybe something else is taking it's shelf space...

I really don't think it's close to retiring as it's just too new. I think maybe something else is taking it's shelf space...

Highly doubt it... with Batman vs Superman movie coming out, they will want the Batmobile on most prominent space in the New Year as the hype builds up towards March

Highly doubt it... with Batman vs Superman movie coming out, they will want the Batmobile on most prominent space in the New Year as the hype builds up towards March

Honestly I cant see how most LEGO stores will be able to stock everything.  There is just too much out now, and a lot more on the way.  Most mall stores just dont have the space to have everything out. It also would not surprise me to see a new superhero UCS by the end of this or early next year.  I would not expect it to retire (unless there is some strange licensing where DC is pushing out the old IP), but I suspect online only sets will become a lot more common.

Honestly I cant see how most LEGO stores will be able to stock everything.  There is just too much out now, and a lot more on the way.  Most mall stores just dont have the space to have everything out. It also would not surprise me to see a new superhero UCS by the end of this or early next year.  I would not expect it to retire (unless there is some strange licensing where DC is pushing out the old IP), but I suspect online only sets will become a lot more common.

Maybe they just want the space for the new Hoth set or the new Death Star...

I'm getting the vibe that not all LEGO stores will stock everything. The LEGO store near me has never had EEE (that I've noticed) and are out of many sets because they only have one or two at a time. They rotate ~8 sets in the space that will fit 5.

Given the performance of AA, I'm not even sure I want any Tumblers, ever...  Super Heroes as a theme is mostly dead to me at this point.  Maybe a nice UCS Pikachu would be better...

Yes AA is crappy piece of ****.  Do you think anyone would sell me their MISB AAs if I start offering to buy them for MSRP ??? :D

• Like 2