Retiring Soon - open speculation

I feel that the only way TLG can really be sure that the total demand for a set is met is by ensuring that the resellers have fully stocked up and the real end consumers have also all bought the set. It would be at this point TLG can proceed to retire the set. Now it seems that to saturate the reseller market the only way is to keep sending shockwaves, confusing messages about the inventory and random sold out messages.

• Like 1

Ahhh, the continuous we matter that much debate. Look at annual sales, then look at total brickfolio values. Do the standard division. We are not that important. Lego only cares about their brand image and managing that. Global companies that are multi billion dollar firms don't care about peanuts. They care about global objectives. I believe they have moved closer but not exactly to a JIT inventory system, due to scope and size it makes sense as well as fabricates rarity and demand.

• Like 2

I feel that the only way TLG can really be sure that the total demand for a set is met is by ensuring that the resellers have fully stocked up and the real end consumers have also all bought the set. It would be at this point TLG can proceed to retire the set. Now it seems that to saturate the reseller market the only way is to keep sending shockwaves, confusing messages about the inventory and random sold out messages.

"resellers fully stocked up" bahahaha! You need to do a little more reading. No one here is ever fully stocked up.

Looks like the Maersk 10241 is on its way out. Just visitted a Lego store and bought the last 4 at $119 each. Yes, they were discounted and won't be getting more. They also discounted the Lonely Mountain down to $109.... Interesting. Glad I got a bunch of each...

Ill check my store tmrw...interesting.

I got a bit panicky on this one and contacted them.  "Our warehouse is expecting a new delivery of the set we just don't have an exact date at this time. They are expecting that they will have enough stock once it comes back in to fulfill all orders..."  .

Assuming they wouldn't intentionally mislead me so I'm hoping there's still one more restock in this one.  They did go on to tell me that if that wasn't the case they'd be happy to send me a letter explaining why they can't fulfill my order ... thanks I guess???

I got a bit panicky on this one and contacted them.  "Our warehouse is expecting a new delivery of the set we just don't have an exact date at this time. They are expecting that they will have enough stock once it comes back in to fulfill all orders..."  .

Assuming they wouldn't intentionally mislead me so I'm hoping there's still one more restock in this one.  They did go on to tell me that if that wasn't the case they'd be happy to send me a letter explaining why they can't fulfill my order ... thanks I guess???

You never know with these people lol

Tower of Orthanc is done..there's probably a few places left with stock, but it's dwindling hourly, and probably has days left.  It sounds like Hobbit is now going that way too if lego stores are starting to put them on sale.  

ToO is "sold out" at SAH in the US. Glad I got at least one. 

40153 birthday set gone in europe??

In U.S. Out of stock, expected ship date Jan 08 2016

TMNT 79116 Big Rig Snow Getaway just moved to call to check @ LEGO Shop at Home...

And now TMNT Turtle Van Takedown 79115 call to check @ LEGO Shop at Home...

• Like 1

Looks like the Maersk 10241 is on its way out. Just visitted a Lego store and bought the last 4 at $119 each. Yes, they were discounted and won't be getting more. They also discounted the Lonely Mountain down to $109.... Interesting. Glad I got a bunch of each...

retired product n the UK according to the Lego store, I thought this went a while ago?

Yeah, to avoid mass panic they already added the famous sentence underneath. 

" we are currently making more, so please come back later for availability ".

Mass panic can begin... - Pig is definitely gone, I had a call with LEGO today.

Mauro

P.S. Cool, that I have bought 10 of them one month ago :-)

• Like 1