Retiring Soon - open speculation

Emphasis on if, and if there aren't any pictures of the new DS floating everywhere on the internet by then. 

To me DS and the T1 camper are going to be the real indicators of what is to come in the future of this investment and a measure of how real/un real the bubble is. I would have added PS to this but modulars are a whole other monster at least IMHO. 

What do you expect the indications of a real bubble to be with these sets?

Had a somewhat similar experience in one of our big retail chains over here who also sold the Parisian Restaurant. Bought some last week there when it went to "Sold out" at S@home cos I got them at a discount there. Wanted to exchange one of them that had a dent in the box which I didn't spot last week and all they could offer was a refund as they were sold out of them and they told me it was listed out of their Lego inventories so they couldn't get an exchange. Time will tell if we really saw the end of it...

It´s not a surprise now you´ve told everyone!

Yup you read it here first... if all the stuff going around PR is true, I think we may see the 3 modulars going OOS from now till Jan 2016 at different times and will not make a come back. PS is on the radar to just disappear on us like DS.

It's not very logical to retire 3 at once .But PS and PC are there already for a longtime. The only thing that holds me back is that Lego didn't brought anyting new beside DO.

So retiring 3 exclusives and just bringing back 1 new is not the normal Lego way. See at the creator cars. They are bringing de F40 en have brought the Mini Cooper. So retiring the VW is eminent.

"PS is on the radar to just disappear on us like DS" - just disappear on us? That thing has been on this last curtain for month now...

Like I mentioned last week: I was on a lengthly work trip half-way through the country last week and visited several lego stores along the way - the only thing every single employee agreed upon in all these stores was that PS is done and that they won't get anymore shipments in. Although one of the store managers joked: "But I said the same thing in April and than 2 weeks later we got a new shipment." Mhm...yes ..thanks for reminding me of that...

Edited by TigerG

"PS is on the radar to just disappear on us like DS" - just disappear on us? That thing has been on this last curtain for month now...

Well DS has been hanging around for 7 years, so whats 4 years for PS

It's not very logical to retire 3 at once .But PS and PC are there already for a longtime. The only thing that holds me back is that Lego didn't brought anyting new beside DO.

So retiring 3 exclusives and just bringing back 1 new is not the normal Lego way. See at the creator cars. They are bringing de F40 en have brought the Mini Cooper. So retiring the VW is eminent.

I don't know what is normal anymore. PS hanging around for 4 years when people said modulars normally have a 2 year shelf life. And whats not normal is JW line is a seasonal item to Walmart and ToysRUs? So seasonal it is only on their shelves for 2-2.5 months! At least that we are told by various store managers/employees.

Edited by tacsniper

Never thought I would made money with selling piggy banks :-D with respect to average return it will probably be a great set. If I sell it during the holidays for 20 euro, I will have a return of more than 50%. Great investment!

EDIT: That's even without the 5% VIP point discount and the free retro pirates set.

Edited by JM123

It's been like that for two weeks now, but it's still available in many other areas.  This will probably be around for another year before it gets scarce.  I'm not so sure of it as an investment winner.