Retiring Soon - open speculation

nice. Check prices on 3189,3188,3185, and the famous 3065 among others. 

I just sold 3065, 3184, and 3061 this week.

Recently unloaded Olivia's house for almost 2X my purchase price and Heartlake High for almost 3X my purchase price.  This was about 6 months after purchase.  Was really surprised to see Heartlake High sell for that much given that I thought everybody and their brother picked up 20 copies on clearance.

Me too, I actually wish I bought more Heartlake High on Meijer clearance.

My local LEGO store had all of the above except ToO... and in huge quantities.

DS, PS, PC, PR and Kwik-E-Marts all available. Grand Opening weekend ... I think that's where all the stock was diverted to </kidding>. There are four new stores opening in July and August across North America though and they literally had a dozen of Pet Shop out on the shelves and restored everything as it was snapped up. Except DS - they had a fake box on the shelf but the guy behind me got a factory sealed outer box from the back when he asked.

• Like 1

My local LEGO store had all of the above except ToO... and in huge quantities.

DS, PS, PC, PR and Kwik-E-Marts all available. Grand Opening weekend ... I think that's where all the stock was diverted to </kidding>. There are four new stores opening in July and August across North America though and they literally had a dozen of Pet Shop out on the shelves and restored everything as it was snapped up. Except DS - they had a fake box on the shelf but the guy behind me got a factory sealed outer box from the back when he asked.

Death Star was so last week...

• Like 1

I now begin to wonder if Lego kill the DS first on purpose. Knowing the resellers will go wipe out all retail supply effectively tied up a lot of cash. Then they can slowly sell out remaining exclusive sets w/o the heaving hoarding allowing end users to have better chance of getting those sets. I know I am passing on EV and ToO right now from exhausting all funds on DS earlier than I anticipated (thought I would have up till Nov/Dec of this year to acquire my desire qtn).

• Like 1

I now begin to wonder if Lego kill the DS first on purpose. Knowing the resellers will go wipe out all retail supply effectively tied up a lot of cash. Then they can slowly sell out remaining exclusive sets w/o the heaving hoarding allowing end users to have better chance of getting those sets. I know I am passing on EV and ToO right now from exhausting all funds on DS earlier than I anticipated (thought I would have up till Nov/Dec of this year to acquire my desire qtn).

Good call. This could well be True. 

Myself I did not buy any new DS when the panic started last week. But that was not wisdom from my side. My budget is depleted. 

So I kinda hoped it would not be gone. But now I wish it was gone. I have three. That is more than enough for me.

Have to stick with my plan and decrease my stack drastically. After that I can buy buy buy again. 

DS, PC, KEM etc. were only withdrawn temporarily because of some production error involving miscolored 2x2 tiles. (source: reliable member of a German forum)

The only 2x2 tiles they seem to share are dark bluish grey. Of course it doesn't mean the dyes used to make the other colors aren't shared but that seems really odd. Death Star only has dark blue as the other color but PC and KEM have many others...

DS, PC, KEM etc. were only withdrawn temporarily because of some production error involving miscolored 2x2 tiles. (source: reliable member of a German forum)

This reliable member also mentioned his source: He got this piece of information in a LEGO brand-store. So probably from someone working there.

This reliable member also mentioned his source: He got this piece of information in a LEGO brand-store. So probably from someone working there.

So what you're saying is that this belongs in the "What did I hear from a LEGO employee today?" with all the other rumors and misinformation? :phone:

Haha, I have no idea if it's true or not. It's always plausible that a QC issue can slow down production especially for certain sets that might rely on a part or a color or ____. But it all depends on who that employee might be and where they get their information. Always fun to hear the rumors true or not!

• Like 1

I heard exactly the same thing from a Lego employee (woman) on the phone. The woman was 15 min. explaining about the production process (she sound like a production engineer instead of sales person) of a common shared (dark) grey tile and how they were checking quality at the moment when it was sold out.

So, I'm with you. I also heard and believe that this stupid tile is the reason of all the panic.

Edited by JM123

A few weeks ago I posted the absolute genius behind TLG's plan to retire TH out of order. Looks like this is phase 2 of the plan. Create Claim a QC issue with a part shared by multiple older, investor-watched sets and move 1000s of units in a week.

marionette.jpg

Have a plan. Stick to it. Profit.

Edited by tonysbricks
  • Like 3

I heard exactly the same thing from a Lego employee (woman) on the phone. The woman was 15 min. explaining about the production process (she sound like a production engineer instead of sales person) of a common shared (dark) grey tile and how they were checking quality at the moment when it was sold out.

So, I'm with you. I also heard and believe that this stupid tile is the reason of all the panic.

Some QC this company has, just like Artic Batman and The Delorean tile. :notme:

lol, I think that the guy(at Amazon) who put that up for sale is a fortune teller.  he is seeing 4 years into the future the potential max value for it =D

Edited by vexxet

Quote from the PR thread:

"A few weeks ago I had to return a Parisian Restaurant to the Lego Online Store since the box was so badly damaged. They told me on phone today that the do not know when they will have PR back in stock and are giving me a refund".....

Maybe so...But people will eventually get gun shy and stop buying in situations like this.  If "Sold Out" becomes the norm, who will care?