Retiring Soon - open speculation

That's 2194 pieces, while the old had two more. So they changed a bit more than just the box. I wonder what...

Good eye! They decided the limo only needed the two wheels shown in the picture.

I am very curious though. Wonder if it'll make the older boxes more valuable with two extra pieces! ha

TOO performance has been disheartening on Amazon. For a 200$ set to be oos for months and price stagnating at 260 , that is a telling sign IMO . 

This has been available for backorder on Shop at Home up until today so I'm not surprised the price didn't spike more.  

I'm happy with the ones I have. But I do agree that there are other sets out there with more potential. However, this one could serve as a relatively quick money maker to finance more long term purchases if it ends up retiring soon.

I'm actually ok with it too.  I currently have 4 of them, one of which is open.  Worse case scenario, I can build my own moc of Barad-dur, or an even larger Tower of Orthanc, since there are enough pieces for something like that.  Honestly though, as time moves on this set will spike.  Those that have seen the Tower of Orthanc in person know how impressive it is.  Those that haven't seen it, or know about it, but are giant LOTR fans will probably one day stumble into it, and that's when they start to want their precious.

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong guys, I really like the set, and I think most exclusives will make you Some money.
I think this set will do better in Europe, but for the USA market, I just think its at the lower end of the money makers.
I also don't think the Asian Market like this theme either.
Its just my opinion, this set might just explode..........Just don't hold your breath.

Edited by Miami Bomb Squad

DS, PS, PC, PR and Kwik-E-Marts stocks were reduced to 0, but partially they still have the status "out of stock - will ship in 30 days" (LEGO Shop at Home.de)

This seems to make sense with the rumor of QC issue forcing TLG to withdraw some units. Ok DS, PS, PC are done, possible... PR, that will be really strange. But K-E-M; no way. It just came out in May.

the first few waves were good money for the most part. 

Recently unloaded Olivia's house for almost 2X my purchase price and Heartlake High for almost 3X my purchase price.  This was about 6 months after purchase.  Was really surprised to see Heartlake High sell for that much given that I thought everybody and their brother picked up 20 copies on clearance.

Recently unloaded Olivia's house for almost 2X my purchase price and Heartlake High for almost 3X my purchase price.  This was about 6 months after purchase.  Was really surprised to see Heartlake High sell for that much given that I thought everybody and their brother picked up 20 copies on clearance.

nice. Check prices on 3189,3188,3185, and the famous 3065 among others.