Retiring Soon - open speculation

that is still data from before they went to sold out - i suspect we will need to wait 12-48 hours to get the updated stock count

EU inventory data has been refreshed..although you can tell the data was supplied before all these items came back to life.

main thing to note from today's update are medium sized restocks of Simpsons House, Mini Cooper, T1 Camper, Ecto-1.

As far as large exclusives go has anything gone OOS this year, and retired? I am not sure 3E counts but that is the closest I think we have.  I have to assume with the shear number of new sets coming, along with the ramp up in production of general sets that we will see a number of exclusives will go OOS and eventually retire in the second half.  

Simpson's House has quietly gone out of stock at Amazon.com.

Looks like SH is under review, same as EV. There is one on AWD for $190 if anyone's interested.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Simpsons-71006-House/dp/B00HX14C7Q/ref=sr_1_6?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1437659750&sr=1-6&refinements=p_89%3ALEGO&pebp=1437659748227&perid=1AB6VESCXPBF8V9XFHP8

• Like 1

These "glitches" proof what some people have already said. Choose your investments wisely and buy them rather sooner than later. Generally you cannot buy everything. Only when you have a big budget you might. But with a limited budget you need to buy the sets that you have faith in and concentrate on those. 

• Like 1

Ohhh no here we go again.  Yikes, I think i'm going to stay clear of these threads until Lego announces a restock..  I'm good, I already have 1 EV, don't think i'll buy another.  Although, I think it is a good long term investment.

I can imagine LEGO executives just laughing at us in their morning meetings at how we just wipe out all retail stocks with just a click of a button on their online store. What an easy way to get sales! lol

• Like 1

I can imagine LEGO executives just laughing at us in their morning meetings at how we just wipe out all retail stocks with just a click of a button on their online store. What an easy way to get sales! lol

Yeah, I can just see the monday sales report meeting.  "We still have a bunch of Sydney Opera Houses slowly moving in Europe.  Why don't we put a SOLD OUT sign on the European sites and ship the rest of the stock to the Americans.  They'll blow it out in a day or two, and then we can call Pedro and let him know to fire up the factory and produce another 2000."

• Like 1

Might be some truth to it, but eventually people will catch on and buy nothing.

You most likely just figured out TLG's master plan to combat resellers.

Why waste time with complicated databases of transactions and screening for duplicates, outlayer purchases & returns, and people buying $20k with double VIP when you can just change 1 line of code on a website and sit back and laugh.  I can see Lord Business laughing now while using his "editor of HoTMuL"

• Like 1

Maybe the reason for the European supply shortage in Modulars has something to do with this - was in the store with my SO so didn't get a chance to check the Seal code. But if they have decided to adjust the PC boxes to the new expert logo I doubt this is going anywhere soon.

IMAG0129.jpg

• Like 1