Retiring Soon - open speculation

It seems like everytime a set says sold out people start to panic, so what is everybody going to go out and spend tons of money and go broke, every set now and then says sold out, and as for the PR retiring before the PS and PC well if this happens I am retiring from Lego I have thousands of Exclusives to last me a few years to make big money, for most it has to be driving you crazy reading all these post everyday, its even gets to me sometime. Nobody can buy everything and as for the Jurassic World sets I am 99% on the 75919 set and if I can get the 75920 set I will get some. For you guys that have a small amount of money to buy Lego better be careful or you will be in major money trouble by the end of the year,   Ed

• Like 5

It seems like everytime a set says sold out people start to panic, so what is everybody going to go out and spend tons of money and go broke, every set now and then says sold out, and as for the PR retiring before the PS and PC well if this happens I am retiring from Lego I have thousands of Exclusives to last me a few years to make big money, for most it has to be driving you crazy reading all these post everyday, its even gets to me sometime. Nobody can buy everything and as for the Jurassic World sets I am 99% on the 75919 set and if I can get the 75920 set I will get some. For you guys that have a small amount of money to buy Lego better be careful or you will be in major money trouble by the end of the year,   Ed

Sound advice!

Those who invest slow and steady may already be in a good spot.

• Like 2

True, there are glitches and sets have been declared SOLD OUT then came back into stock.  But I am going to tell you that the days of sets being out for a certain length of time are over.  Technology and data analysis is so advanced now that if a set is a poor seller and the numbers say retire a set, they will.  

None of these sets have been poor sellers since April, if the affiliate data is accurate. K-M also had several thousand units available at the last count so they have every interest in fixing this glitch ASAP.

On the other hand, the prophecy of our Irish friend about PC has indeed come true if we believe sold out to mean retired!

None of these sets have been poor sellers since April, if the affiliate data is accurate. K-M also had several thousand units available at the last count so they have every interest in fixing this glitch ASAP.

On the other hand, the prophecy of our Irish friend about PC has indeed come true if we believe sold out to mean retired!

I wouldn't have thought the Parisian Restaurant was a poor seller, especially in Europe.  The Kwiki Mart is harder to gauge in Europe, being that the Simpsons are more of an American phenomena.  But there is always more to it than sales.  It could be the cost of producing and item that also plays into it.  

It could be a preemptive glitch but Kwik E is the elephant in the room. Too much stock available and too recent to retire.

Perhaps they are trolling as part of the new reseller crackdown.

Great way of boosting sales on these items when they do come back online.

But I remortgaged the house based on your advice. The bank manager was a bit wary about me getting that much money to spend on Lego, but I told him that Emazer said to buy, buy, buy and he said that as long as Emazer told me to, then I should take twice as much off them.

• Like 2

The only sane conclusion to make from all of this is that TLG is phasing out the modular building and Simpsons lines to go all in on sets with helicopters......

Helicopters flown by Star Wars dinosaurs. 

(Sorry NM Monkeys... posting at the same time.)

Edited by biking_tiger
  • Like 1

Ok so here is a random musing. What if the glitch has revealed that all these sets have no further confirmed production dates in system and that the sold out sign is triggered by that (the glitch was that current stock levels have been set to 0 by mistake)?

Edited by valenciaeric
  • Like 1

Ok so here is a random musing. What if the glitch were that all these sets have no further confirmed production dates in system and that the sold out sign is triggered by that (the glitch is it has been done by accident as there is still stock)?

I guess this alludes to my previous point.  Why are these sets in particular SOLD OUT and not any more.  I mean I haven't looked through the listings.  There might be more.  

Ok so here is a random musing. What if the glitch has revealed that all these sets have no further confirmed production dates in system and that the sold out sign is triggered by that (the glitch was that current stock levels have been set to 0 by mistake)?

It is an interesting theory, because they do have some sets that are "Temporarily Out Of Stock" and "Expected Ship date ....". If they only had "Sold Out" and "Available Now", it would be very easy to completely dismiss "Sold Out". But given how seemingly non-random those that are in "Sold Out", makes you suspect things...

Edited by No More Monkeys