Retiring Soon - open speculation

For everyone that thinks that's what is happening here - can you proof it?  Can you show me where that's happened in the past?

There's only TWO sets I can think of in the last couple of years that were available for a very short time - Arctic Supply Plane and Zombies.

It's going back a few years, but 3222 (Helicopter & Limousine) and 7868 (Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter) both retired very quickly.  IIRC, the Mace Windu ship came out in the summer 2011 wave of SW sets and was retired x-mas 2011.  

whenever i read or hear the word "chaos", only one thing comes to mind since i read a certain novel in 1992.

i like to think this model applies to Lego buying near the end of most exclusive sets at retail

jurassicpark3d_2.jpg

Just remember what Ed has repeated:

CHAOS

What does this mean?  I don't know, but it's coming....

Has there been anything official to indicate that the JW line is a short term thing or is this just speculation/misdirection as usual?

nothing to look at... every walmart store is getting a pallet of each JW set for the holidays.. speculations are coming from reports of Australia, Canada and US from big box stores that they are not replenishing their shelves with this line. Australia is directing their stores to stock the shelves with Lego City and Lego Star Wars.

TRU in my city have replaced the shelves for JW products with Lego City.

Edited by tacsniper

nothing to look at... every walmart store is getting a pallet of each JW set for the holidays.. speculations are coming from reports of Australia, Canada and US from big box stores that they are not replenishing their shelves with this line. Australia is directing their stores to stock the shelves with Lego City and Lego Star Wars.

TRU in my city have replaced the shelves for JW products with Lego City.

So you are saying that JW sets will come back during holiday seasons?

anyone noticed L@H in Europe this afternoon? Multiple sets are currently labeled as sold out, even new ones that were released few months ago (E-mart for example). Is it me or Lego website has gone bananas?

People have supposedly called CS & they said it's an error...

Does anyone believe the PR?

I don't even believe PC is going anywhere this year.  I think Town Hall retired out of turn because it was a poor seller compared to the others and I don't believe for a minute that PC is a poor seller.  I think PS will go this year and PC next year, but don't take my word for it.