Retiring Soon - open speculation

Does anything relating to how many you can order have anything to do with a hint of what will potentially retire soon;

case example;

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/The-Tumbler-76023?fromListing=listing

Batman Tumbler which only 1 can be ordered

as opposed to;

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/MINI-Cooper-10242?fromListing=listing

Mini Cooper or Camper van of which i can order 5 of each

Thanks

sometimes.  with new and popular sets like the UCS Tumbler, the max order of 1 is about giving more people the chance to buy a set.

Does anything relating to how many you can order have anything to do with a hint of what will potentially retire soon;

case example;

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/The-Tumbler-76023?fromListing=listing

Batman Tumbler which only 1 can be ordered

as opposed to;

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/MINI-Cooper-10242?fromListing=listing

Mini Cooper or Camper van of which i can order 5 of each

Thanks

• Like 1

Not sure where to post this.. just a Lego B&M update... was at Concord, NC store today.

They had 10240 R5 ... limit 1.

DO and PR were the only modulars there. They had ToO's. They had Tumblers, Helicarriers, and EEE's.  A surprising amount of Chima on display... seemed like more than it deserved, but maybe that's the merchandise they want to move the most?

No Slave 1.

Not sure where to post this.. just a Lego B&M update... was at Concord, NC store today.

DO and PR were the only modulars there. They had ToO's. They had Tumblers, Helicarriers, and EEE's.  A surprising amount of Chima on display... seemed like more than it deserved, but maybe that's the merchandise they want to move the most?

No Slave 1.

Same thing.

My LEGO store has 5+ R5 in stock, limit 1

No Slave 1 or PS

No Slave 1.

Limit 1 weerd

Lots and lots of talk for all the usual suspects retiring soon here (R5, ToO, PS, etc.).  I'd be curious, any under-the-radar sets that have escaped hoarding/discussion?  My one candidate here may be 42008, the Service Truck.  Nice set, pneumatics and powered, and a decent buy-in at about $120.  Rarely discussed here, and may disappear with little warning at any time.  We had 42006 go 2 months ago with little warning, and 42008 is a better set.

Speaking of Technic, 42009 the MkII Crane is another gem.  It's certainly on the radar here, but still may be a good, less-hoarded candidate (though the recent Amazon UK sale at $150 was well advertised).  This set is expected to go later this year, and a fabulous kit, perhaps the best Technic set ever.  I'm bullish on this set post EOL; the previous tracked excavator is now a $450 set, and 42009 is at least as good.  

Lots and lots of talk for all the usual suspects retiring soon here (R5, ToO, PS, etc.). I'd be curious, any under-the-radar sets that have escaped hoarding/discussion? My one candidate here may be 42008, the Service Truck. Nice set, pneumatics and powered, and a decent buy-in at about $120. Rarely discussed here, and may disappear with little warning at any time. We had 42006 go 2 months ago with little warning, and 42008 is a better set.

Speaking of Technic, 42009 the MkII Crane is another gem. It's certainly on the radar here, but still may be a good, less-hoarded candidate (though the recent Amazon UK sale at $150 was well advertised). This set is expected to go later this year, and a fabulous kit, perhaps the best Technic set ever. I'm bullish on this set post EOL; the previous tracked excavator is now a $450 set, and 42009 is at least as good.

Arch. White house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 1

Lots and lots of talk for all the usual suspects retiring soon here (R5, ToO, PS, etc.).  I'd be curious, any under-the-radar sets that have escaped hoarding/discussion?  My one candidate here may be 42008, the Service Truck.  Nice set, pneumatics and powered, and a decent buy-in at about $120.  Rarely discussed here, and may disappear with little warning at any time.  We had 42006 go 2 months ago with little warning, and 42008 is a better set.

Speaking of Technic, 42009 the MkII Crane is another gem.  It's certainly on the radar here, but still may be a good, less-hoarded candidate (though the recent Amazon UK sale at $150 was well advertised).  This set is expected to go later this year, and a fabulous kit, perhaps the best Technic set ever.  I'm bullish on this set post EOL; the previous tracked excavator is now a $450 set, and 42009 is at least as good.  

Technic sets are usually under the radar because not a lot of people invest in them. The larger Technic sets are amazing and usually do well after EOL.

• Like 1

may I ask why?

I don't see any of the usual signs. Still in stock at Amazon, SAH, B&******, BAM ....

Limit 99 at SAH

Am I missing something?

Just a feeling. Been out for ever. When oos sells well above msrp . Easy to store. Easy to obtain at 30-40% off. I see 100 right away eol. And my avenge buy in has been 32 and change.

I'm very high on any and all arch sets though.

• Like 2

For me I think the MK II is looking better all the time for an end of year retirement and an epic non Star Wars set to invest in. Whatever the buy in price at MSRP or less.

this set has been available for way less than mrsp way too often . I would be weary buying any at MRSP just yet .

this set has been available for way less than mrsp way too often . I would be weary buying any at MRSP just yet .

Sorry BA I did not mean to imply buying it right now at MSRP.

Thanks for clarifying.  I meant I think near its end of life if you did not get one at $140 from Amazon UK I still think it will be a reliable investment.

I think the chance for another Amazon UK deal is high.  There has been 2 or 3 rounds of it already?