Retiring Soon - open speculation

Exclusive omissions from the USA spring 2015 catalog include Red5, Ewok Village, Tower of Orthanc, Sea Cow, and EEE.  PS and PC are both in it.

It is a lot better reading than the last few pages of this thread.  If you don't have it yet, you should sit by your mailbox at wait for it.

Back to the catalog speculations - also missing are the AT-AT, all Star Wars before 75080, LOTR and The Hobbit.  But the ISD is there.

Excuse my verbosity as a newbie I still don't have all the two-letter acronyms down - is there a cheat sheet somewhere?  So far, I've figured out the codes for the modulars, but references to historical events with the TLAs leaves me a bit baffled at times ;-)

On LEGO Shop at Home Italy 60051 available Now and 60052 shipped in a couple of days...what do you think? Are we going towards a normal availablity?

Considering they both are available now, the "tracks production issue" seems to be the most valid theory.

Also note that there still seems to bo some issues with the battery pack, tracks, remote crontrol... included in these sets because they are "Temporarily out of stock" (so it's like their productions are all going to the train sets boxes instead of sets 8879, 88000, 7499).

So yes, normal availability again would be my guess.

Edited by biniou

Eh i think now its time to forget, but firstly i was not irate ,secondly i was given a name to insist on speaking to,get your facts right ,take the advice or don't ,needless to say i really do not care, but i have a good relationship with this guy now ,and in fact sorted a problem for him not 25mins ago.so lol or scoff, its nothing to me, you were told ,now put your toys back in pram , and wait until July ,then if its wrong ,ill look silly and you can shout from your tower ,"i told you so"

Man you are being way to generous. I would have said it once (maybe twice) and moved on. If people don't want to listen then that is thier prerogative. There are those hear are willing to take a punt. If it comes to pass you will be redeemed. I'm jumping on a couple come double vip points. I will be buying them anyway, so what's to lose. Like many here, I don't relay on this hobby for my income. It's just a bit of criac.

While I second your remark theoretically, I know someone else here that is employing a weird sentence construction and improper use of words on a regular basis, but who is very well respected as a credible source, adviser and sage. So judging the credibility of a source by his/her orthography and grammar is somewhat off between here and the real world.

hi. :)
  • Like 3

I'm interested in your thoughts on sets overdue for retirement.  Maybe a top-3 or top-5?  Here's my list.  All of these are well-past their due date.  I'd pop champagne if a few of these hit EOL sometime this year.

1. 10188 - Death Live Star.  2008! Can anyone really argue against this?

2. 10214 - Tower Bridge.  5 years and counting...

3. 10220 - VW T1   4 years old, seems like its been here since the mid 60s. 

4. 10235 - Winter Village Market.  Seems to have more lives than a cat.  The Death Star of Seasonals?

5. 10218 - Pet Shop.  With the out-of-order retirement of TH, this set is now 4+ years old.  It should have been next.

I'm sure I'm forgetting many here.  What did I miss?

• Like 2

WVM I believe is already gone.  The history of those sets is a new one released every year and the oldest one retires after 2 seasons on the shelves.  So we should honestly only have Santa's Workshop, and whatever the new WV set later this year.

I kinda don't believe that Tower Bridge will retire until a new architecture type of set is revealed.

With the Ferrari creator set coming out this summer, I would honestly be surprised if the T1 makes it past the summer.

And the PS, I think that will stick around until way late this year especially if we get a new modular next year.