Retiring Soon - open speculation

Eh i think now its time to forget, but firstly i was not irate ,secondly i was given a name to insist on speaking to,get your facts right ,take the advice or don't ,needless to say i really do not care, but i have a good relationship with this guy now ,and in fact sorted a problem for him not 25mins ago.so lol or scoff, its nothing to me, you were told ,now put your toys back in pram , and wait until July ,then if its wrong ,ill look silly and you can shout from your tower ,"i told you so"

Posting madly after a retort has been made shows that you actually do care, and care a lot. Edited by mike_eldorado

Well ciglione , unlike some ,i would try and help ,that's it wait until July, sort of sorry i bothered my rear end now.ill know better in future

You can expect bold claims that declare an unexpected, upcoming set retirement to be challenged around here. Don't take it personally when it happens.

There's an entire thread full of reports of Lego employees "revealing" retirement dates. Sometimes they have turned out to be true. Most of the the time they turn out to be predictive of nothing. Such reports are, understandably, met with skepticism as a result of this.

• Like 1

Yep. Your right ,probably did take attack personally,lets just wait and see.just to clarify,he ain't a phone jockey ,he does not deal with customers ok.I am not a reseller,as i said last month ,I buy 2 of every set i like ,one to build with my son ,other put away until he is much much older.if gentleman did lie to me he will look silly too ,as i kept my word for him and came through for him.i hope people that buy pc and put it away make loads and if not well ill look silly, i have 2 coming. Oh and it was not only damaged box ,alot more ,much more than that .keep the faith

Sea Cow really has my interest.  Much like Red 5, it could go several ways depending on several factors... but with a much higher potential variance in value.

A significant return in the next movie would probably blow things sky high, especially if it retires sooner than later. I'd expect that to be unlikely, though.

It could also stick around too long and seriously suffer when the second movie doesn't live up to the first.

Meanwhile, near-consistent praise from people who have built it make for a slightly stronger "It's a huge ship, therefore it will do well" argument, though I don't see it falling right into the display line-up of every AFOL with a serious naval persuasion.

Until the last week or two I'd say it has been completely under the popular radar for investing, but of course that can change overnight with the horde.

Whatever happens, there will be lots of "I told you so" from one side of the fence or another...

I agree with the premise that you are all over the map "covering all the bases" with your theory.........a true speculation indeed.  Not much help though.

So when people read this, the Pet Shop will be done by April...Then again...When the horde devours any leftover inventory, LEGO will retool and make another production run thinking this is a hot set or to destroy short term flippers.  Take your pick...

"

-> PS goes first. 

-> PC stays until there's a corner M-building replacement

-> 1 new Mbuilding/year

"

That's how I would decide @ TLG

Eh i think now its time to forget, but firstly i was not irate ,secondly i was given a name to insist on speaking to,get your facts right ,take the advice or don't ,needless to say i really do not care, but i have a good relationship with this guy now ,and in fact sorted a problem for him not 25mins ago.so lol or scoff, its nothing to me, you were told ,now put your toys back in pram , and wait until July ,then if its wrong ,ill look silly and you can shout from your tower ,"i told you so"

Which tower are you referring to?

124763.jpgThis one?

I agree with the premise that you are all over the map "covering all the bases" with your theory.........a true speculation indeed.  Not much help though.

Sorry I didn't realize I postulated any theory at all. The point was rather to perhaps spark more interesting discussion about Sea Cow since so many TLM sets are retiring now and it obviously *could* follow within a relatively short time frame even though there are few signs as of yet... but I will take this as constructive criticism and gladly admit that I have little to nothing to offer in the way of "XXXXX is retiring on XX-XX-XXXX because Joe-Bob says so!!!!" statements.

I am following "the database" comments with interest as well because of some personal experience but have nothing to offer (again) yet that hasn't already been said by several individuals. If/when I do, I'll try to share with a degree of humility and discretion.

• Like 1

"

-> PS goes first. 

-> PC stays until there's a corner M-building replacement

-> 1 new Mbuilding/year

"

That's how I would decide @ TLG

Who makes up these rules about LEGO Modular corner set replacements and movie release date EOL timing? 

Well ciglione , unlike some ,i would try and help ,that's it wait until July, sort of sorry i bothered my rear end now.ill know better in future

I hear ya! I appreciate you sharing the information you received. Seriously... I even believe what you say. And not only cause I want to believe it. Just do not try too hard to convince people. Cause you might not archieve what you want to archieve. If they believe you, good. If not, also good. Things go as they go. Hope you understand what I mean.

Yep ciglione ,I sure do .I might ask next time I am talking ,as to why Debenhams had benny's spaceship at 28euro, google it ,Debenhams benny's spaceship,could not believe it ,all gone.that will go soon ,and its only my own opinion.but tru and smyths and toymaster still at 99euro .one last thing PC is gone in July ,faugheen will win champion hurdle next week, sire de grugy will win champion chase ,and the tax man gets his ,all 100%guaranteed lol

Sorry I didn't realize I postulated any theory at all. The point was rather to perhaps spark more interesting discussion about Sea Cow since so many TLM sets are retiring now and it obviously *could* follow within a relatively short time frame even though there are few signs as of yet... but I will take this as constructive criticism and gladly admit that I have little to nothing to offer in the way of "XXXXX is retiring on XX-XX-XXXX because Joe-Bob says so!!!!" statements.

I am following "the database" comments with interest as well because of some personal experience but have nothing to offer (again) yet that hasn't already been said by several individuals. If/when I do, I'll try to share with a degree of humility and discretion.

Next time, just provide a rambling post that tells everyone the Sea Cow is retiring in June based on what Heather from your local Lego shop told you :)  That seems to spark more interest than your type of post.

FWIW I doubt the Sea Cow lasts into next year and certainly not to the next Lego movie.  I'm also on the fence about its performance.  I have a difficult time believing it is a good seller given its price point of $250 and its limited exposure in the Lego Movie, so it may last in stock awhile even after production stops.  But, it is a cool set and could appreciate nicely.

Yep ciglione ,I sure do .I might ask next time I am talking ,as to why Debenhams had benny's spaceship at 28euro, google it ,Debenhams benny's spaceship,could not believe it ,all gone.that will go soon ,and its only my own opinion.but tru and smyths and toymaster still at 99euro .one last thing PC is gone in July ,faugheen will win champion hurdle next week, sire de grugy will win champion chase ,and the tax man gets his ,all 100%guaranteed lol

Production of Benny's ceased last December.

Id expect nothing less from a cat lover, august for sea cow ,because they crows in the field looked sideways at a goat that was talking to the black horse about his broken car, which was silly as the black horse knew nothing about cars, its the white horse is the mechanic

Jeez Louise Davem11

You've kicked up such a stink about this, talking to a 'bigwig' at TLG about your two damaged PCs.

I will remember this come July. You better be right or you'll get this video with your name posted from me above it in 4 months time :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb7FgSzeGqg

Edited by mike_eldorado