Retiring Soon - open speculation

we know (well, we established via speculation) that there is some sort of internal EOL database at TLC. Well, correct name probably production schedules. TLC employees might cite information from there, but it does not mean that production dates cannot be changed at a later date based on a number of factors. It is not a question of lying or intentional confusion

Could it be that this database or production schedule shows not the retirement date but the date of the last scheduled production run?  I think a large production run in July could be feasible if the plan is to retire PC at end of the year?  They schedule the production run that they think will meet the demand for the rest of the year (of course running short) and it runs out of stock probably October, trickles in and out of stock for a few months officially retired Feb 2016?  Makes sense to me.  I'll be buying in July and warming up the F5 key.

I know that newbee word is not taken here, but listen ,i had an atrocious week dealing with damaged product etc and orders waiting etc on Lego shop.

today i finally spoke to someone very high up in Lego.and take it or leave it palace cinema is going EOL in July ,forget seal numbers ,just see am i right , and just to say he was not forthcoming with the info,he let it slip , and slip bad, i passed it over but went back to it.its going that's it.maybe this newbee is good for something ,

I for one appreciate your post and am glad you have posted it.  Welcome to BP. :)

• Like 4

Could it be that this database or production schedule shows not the retirement date but the date of the last scheduled production run?  I think a large production run in July could be feasible if the plan is to retire PC at end of the year?  They schedule the production run that they think will meet the demand for the rest of the year (of course running short) and it runs out of stock probably October, trickles in and out of stock for a few months officially retired Feb 2016?  Makes sense to me.  I'll be buying in July and warming up the F5 key.

By now, I think we can all agree that TLC gave on the concept of "retirement" in the US. 

I would imagine they have a column in database named something along the lines of "in production until XX-X--XXXX". Hard to imagine having "last production run" column, since it sounds more limiting. It is not like they _have_to_ make another run on particular date if they have overstock already.

PC intrigues me based on the pure speed-of-poofage on amazon.   Someone is buying them quickly in quantities with access to autobuy scripts and multiple amazon accounts.

Side note, the last PC I received from Amazon had the tape on the wrong side of the box flap, flap completely open on one side with the seal tape on the folded edge.

Guessing I need to take out the bags and inventory each.

I know that newbee word is not taken here, but listen ,i had an atrocious week dealing with damaged product etc and orders waiting etc on Lego shop.

today i finally spoke to someone very high up in Lego.and take it or leave it palace cinema is going EOL in July ,forget seal numbers ,just see am i right , and just to say he was not forthcoming with the info,he let it slip , and slip bad, i passed it over but went back to it.its going that's it.maybe this newbee is good for something ,

Thanks for the info. Guess I will be slowly stalking up PC just in case this is true.

Thanks for the info. Guess I will be slowly stalking up PC just in case this is true.

By now, I think we can all agree that TLC gave on the concept of "retirement" in the US. 

I would imagine they have a column in database named something along the lines of "in production until XX-X--XXXX". Hard to imagine having "last production run" column, since it sounds more limiting. It is not like they _have_to_ make another run on particular date if they have overstock already.

These things are planned way ahead and kept internal on a need to know basis. I can only imagine the planning that goes with this. 

Well you can say that again LOL.

I think I have mentioned before that they told me very clearly at LEGO Shop at Home one time that there is a field called scheduled production date and what it is scheduled to run through.  I am sure that date can be extended, shortened, changed or otherwise but there is a field.

Well you can say that again LOL.

I think I have mentioned before that they told me very clearly at LEGO Shop at Home one time that there is a field called scheduled production date and what it is scheduled to run through. I am sure that date can be extended, shortened, changed or otherwise but there is a field.

This field for the Death Star is dividing by 0

• Like 3

These things are planned way ahead and kept internal on a need to know basis. I can only imagine the planning that goes with this. 

I am pretty sure we heard that even peons (well, maybe senior peons) in stores and first line on the phone were able to look into some sort of database. It is sure "for internal use only" , but does not seem to be  "top secret". A lot of planning goes to putting sets into production due to supply and distribution chain management. But "extend" or "not extend" or "cut short" are not as hard, i would think

I am pretty sure we heard that even peons (well, maybe senior peons) in stores and first line on the phone were able to look into some sort of database. It is sure "for internal use only" , but does not seem to be  "top secret". A lot of planning goes to putting sets into production due to supply and distribution chain management. But "extend" or "not extend" or "cut short" are not as hard, i would think

This database you are talking about is not "the database". Offcourse when arriving closer to retirement more and more people have access to this information. But early knowledge is not shared. Otherwise I am sure we would already know by now when the Tumbler will retire. Cause people like to talk and like to feel important.

today i finally spoke to someone very high up in Lego.and take it or leave it palace cinema is going EOL in July ,forget seal numbers ,just see am i right , and just to say he was not forthcoming with the info,he let it slip , and slip bad

Let it slip bad? Sounds like someone I wouldn't employ. Loose lips sink ships.

How high up must a guy be that deals with customer complaints one broken boxes?

I don't believe what any TLG phone jockey says. Let's see anyway, July is only 4 months away

This database you are talking about is not "the database". Offcourse when arriving closer to retirement more and more people have access to this information. But early knowledge is not shared. Otherwise I am sure we would already know by now when the Tumbler will retire. Cause people like to talk and like to feel important.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/11153-10225-ucs-r2-d2/?p=362597

And another thing , in my business,I become privy to certain knowledge,that resellers would not be interested in ,because its not about Lego, but if this was another forum about my business , you would sit up and listen, as i said ,i had a nightmare over 3 different orders , I kicked up stink, I refused to speak to a minion ,I insisted on a call within the hour , I got it, he let it slip during a 20min conversation,as to how Lego would like to keep me as a valued customer,i never asked "which set is retiring" I was more interested in my problem, but part of my problem was 2 PC , and he said it ,exact words ,"well that one wont be around after July" when I finished getting my problem sorted , I said time is running out ,I am trying to get all modulars ,then like GE goes and it costs more, he said well your lucky you'll have 2 of these. Gave me his personal number, as he likes my business,totally unrelated to Lego.and we chatted about the pit falls of racehorses and ownership of horses and breeding premiums in different country's, so there you are doubters ,that's what was said ,he had no reason to lie , i am not a reseller, I know his grade in his job, so he wouldn't be lying and again he would look foolish asking me for my help in the business i know about ,if he lied to me .have a nice day ,now as we say in Ireland ,stack your cart,

So when people read this, the Pet Shop will be done by April...Then again...When the horde devours any leftover inventory, LEGO will retool and make another production run thinking this is a hot set or to destroy short term flippers.  Take your pick...

• Like 1

Eh i think now its time to forget, but firstly i was not irate ,secondly i was given a name to insist on speaking to,get your facts right ,take the advice or don't ,needless to say i really do not care, but i have a good relationship with this guy now ,and in fact sorted a problem for him not 25mins ago.so lol or scoff, its nothing to me, you were told ,now put your toys back in pram , and wait until July ,then if its wrong ,ill look silly and you can shout from your tower ,"i told you so"