Retiring Soon - open speculation

I would buy the architecture version of that , the UCS version will take up too much space

And too repetitive. The idea is intriguing in theory I suppose but the Great Wall of China is simply that; a big wall. That sort of build sounds interesting as watching wallpaper dry. Honestly the Egyptian Pyramids, Mayan Temples, or Incan city of Machu Picchu would make for a more diverse building experience. Besides if I'm going to build a wall, it will be Pink Floyd's. :wink:
  • Like 3

And too repetitive. The idea is intriguing in theory I suppose but the Great Wall of China is simply that; a big wall. That sort of build sounds interesting as watching wallpaper dry. Honestly the Egyptian Pyramids, Mayan Temples, or Incan city of Machu Picchu would make for a more diverse building experience.

I know they would never make it... but Angkor Wat please.

hey, at least we got the Hagia Sophia from Jabba's palace... (JK!)

Edited by vexxet

And too repetitive. The idea is intriguing in theory I suppose but the Great Wall of China is simply that; a big wall. That sort of build sounds interesting as watching wallpaper dry. Honestly the Egyptian Pyramids, Mayan Temples, or Incan city of Machu Picchu would make for a more diverse building experience. Besides if I'm going to build a wall, it will be Pink Floyd's. :wink:

Technically it is not a straight wall.  For the most part it is curvy and goes up and down the hill, with guard posts sprinkled here and there.  So there is a challenge in representing something like this in LEGO:

Great-Wall-of-China.jpg

For the record, I also want the Colossus of Rhodes or the Hanging Gardens of Babylon ;)

• Like 1

Technically it is not a straight wall.  For the most part it is curvy and goes up and down the hill, with guard posts sprinkled here and there.  So there is a challenge in representing something like this in LEGO:

For the record, I also want the Colossus of Rhodes or the Hanging Gardens of Babylon ;)

The hanging gardens of Babylon will be even more difficult. Cause no one knows exactly what they looked like.

The hanging gardens of Babylon will be even more difficult. Cause no one knows exactly what they looked like.

Neither does the Colossus of Rhodes, which was one of the reasons why I wanted them :D:D

.. and the other reason, I spent so much time (too much) playing Civilization 1-5 games :thumbsup:

Edited by Darth_Raichu
  • Like 3

Straight or curved it's still a wall

But if your pleasure you'll have a ball.

On a note personal it's just not my thing.

Now excuse me while I build this X-Wing.

There I changed it a bit, you 9471 / 9474 hater :P

bp_1425040697__quick_meme.jpg

9471 and 9474? That is the Orc Forge which I have two of already built and Helm's Deep also built. Moving along, I have the regular 9493 X-Wing and two 9492 TIE Fighters that I am looking forward to putting together. All I need is Vader's TIE and I can recreate the trench run. :crazypilot:

• Like 1

9471 and 9474? That is the Orc Forge which I have two of already built and Helm's Deep also built. Moving along, I have the regular 9493 X-Wing and two 9492 TIE Fighters that I am looking forward to putting together. All I need is Vader's TIE and I can recreate the trench run. :crazypilot:

9471 is Uruk Hai Army which is literally a wall plus ballista and a few figs.  I just mentioned 9471 and 9474 (Helms Deep is also a wall) since you said walls were not your thing :)

Edited by Darth_Raichu

9471 is Uruk Hai Army which is literally a wall plus ballista and a few figs.  I just mentioned 9471 and 9474 (Helms Deep is also a wall) since you said walls were not your thing :)

bp_1425043210__quick_meme.png

Figures though I would get one of those set numbers wrong.

so, you already have the trench?

I will if I put all those Castle and Lord of The Rings sets together.... or I can go old school and stick a bunch of random battleship model kits together.

And too repetitive. The idea is intriguing in theory I suppose but the Great Wall of China is simply that; a big wall. That sort of build sounds interesting as watching wallpaper dry.

What I heard from a Lego employee: It will contain more than 30,000 4646577:

4646577.jpg

• Like 1

IMO the Great Wall wouldn't work because the set would only be a section of the wall, and Angkor Wat would have to be a big set in order to have any real detail.

Just my dumb idea, but maybe they could release a an Architecture Civilizations series with the above +the Sphinx, Stone Henge etc...

By the way, does anyone have any rumours of Architecture EOLs?

• Like 1

IMO the Great Wall wouldn't work because the set would only be a section of the wall, and Angkor Wat would have to be a big set in order to have any real detail.

Just my dumb idea, but maybe they could release a an Architecture Civilizations series with the above +the Sphinx, Stone Henge etc...

By the way, does anyone have any rumours of Architecture EOLs?

Empire state building is the closest eol