Retiring Soon - open speculation

I agree, but if it is sticking around for another year I'm not sure why they wouldn't have put it on the shelf with the hobbit sets. Seems strange to keep it in the back.

All the Lott and hobbit sets are being squeezed out at lego stores around here. One had ToO on the exclusive over flow shelf. All of the still have them out though. These sets are on their way out just a question of how quickly the go. ToO in particular could live longer online.

FYI, and for what it worths, in my country sets 60051 (passenger train) and 60052 (cargo train) are sold out on LEGO Shop at Home, indeed, but they also are wiiiiiidely available, in B&M shops and in every online resellers (toys'r us, etc.)

And they can be bought with the usual discount (respectively 115

They both are showing in stock on LEGO Shop at Home US. Not discounting anything, just stating facts.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

Read a few pages back. Possible EOL of 60052 has been extensively discussed. Lots of good info there both pro and con whether this is a possible early EOL.

The real 60051/52 train question for me--at this price, is it worth it? There's always a new iteration of the train which limits the growth of the old one. Even if it has a short life (and that's a big if), there's a new cargo train coming. Again, those with $99 buy in are in good shape, but I'd have to pay close to retail price and there's better upside to something more collectible and exclusive. I wouldn't hesitate at $99, but $189 + tax... I'd rather buy another PC or ToO or Tumbler.

• Like 5

The real 60051/52 train question for me--at this price, is it worth it? There's always a new iteration of the train which limits the growth of the old one. Even if it has a short life (and that's a big if), there's a new cargo train coming. Again, those with $99 buy in are in good shape, but I'd have to pay close to retail price and there's better upside to something more collectible and exclusive. I wouldn't hesitate at $99, but $189 + tax... I'd rather buy another PC or ToO or Tumbler.

+1.  I haven't paid MSRP for any of 60051/60052.  The current TRU 40% BOGO is about the right entry point for these IMHO; effectively pulls 20% off MSRP.  I've got 8x of 60052 now, with an average cost of $145, thank you WM.  (I also ordered 4x 60051 from TRU with the current offer; average their is $119).  Anymore, I don't see the value.

Well put.

I like trains and big boats bought below MSRP; it's hard to lose & the exceptional ones can deliver large returns.

Train/large boat sets have high utility value to kid and AFOL markets.

Pure conjecture, but in addition to the artistic- and spatially-adept that work in this medium & MOC, all those people who 20-50 yrs ago built train sets in their basement, who built model muscle cars, WW2 aircraft, set up air battles in their rooms... Bet they buy and build Lego trains, big boats now...

• Like 1

PS 

Falling water went from 99 available at Lego to "Sold Out" about a week ago.

.........Kinda big news

Fallingwater just yesterday went to secondary sellers only on Barnes&Noble .com

THAT might be the big news.

Amazon is now the only retailer to still have it at retail and they are limit 2.

The hoard may now descend. Thank you.

• Like 2

PS 

Falling water went from 99 available at Lego to "Sold Out" about a week ago.

.........Kinda big news

Fallingwater just yesterday went to secondary sellers only on Barnes&Noble .com

THAT might be the big news.

Amazon is now the only retailer to still have it at retail and they are limit 2.

The hoard may now descend. Thank you.

Yes, please.  Buy them all.  I wonder how much longer the Barnes and Noble BM stores will stock them?  The few left by me are pretty beat up from the spider alarms.  

Even though many BPs purchased for less than $80 at BnN, retail is a good price for this set.  I have quite a few I purchased at retail.  It isn't the top 25 holdings on brickpicker and it is among the most famous residences in the world.

Buy, buy, buy.

(Full disclosure:  I do have more money in this set than any other)

• Like 1

Hi, I posted this earlier but on the incorrect thread.

Does anyone speculate that set 10232 Palace Cinema could be retiring in the coming few months or sooner? On the contrary, will PC remain available for another year, or possibly two?

A point to consider is whether the availability of set 10218 Pet Shop will outlast that of Palace Cinema.

Please share your views on this topic.