Retiring Soon - open speculation

I put 5 Simpsons Houses in my cart a little over a week ago. Yesterday, when I checked my cart, there was a quantity of 0 in there. I also noticed the VIP promotions page had a picture of the Simpsons House right underneath the words coming soon. Probably means nothing but thought it was a little odd..... Has anyone heard anything about a Simpsons poly bag coming out soon?

I doubt it will retire soon. It is the most iconic set that can ever be done in a Simpsons theme. Kwik-E Mart and the SCMF S2 will reignite interest in the theme as well as signals collectors that it is becoming collectible over the years. Therefore retiring it now would be a stupid decision. 

My theory is that LEGO doesn'T want to go out of stock when release of Kwik-E happens, so they reduced the limit to prevent it.

Release the Kraken!  (:P)

Edited by inversion
  • Like 1

I doubt it will retire soon. It is the most iconic set that can ever be done in a Simpsons theme. Kwik-E Mart and the SCMF S2 will reignite interest in the theme as well as signals collectors that it is becoming collectible over the years. Therefore retiring it now would be a stupid decision. 

My theory is that LEGO doesn'T want to go out of stock when release of Kwik-E happens, so they reduced the limit to prevent it.

Well, what if it is a Slow Seller? Didn't you get the memo? No, not the one about helicopters

Release the Kraken!  ( :P)

Could be.  The Death Star's limits went from 5 to 2 last fall and it's still available.  Perhaps Lego isn't producing the Simpsons house as frequently in 2015 and the reduced limits are one way to prevent a situation like Red 5 that has been on backorder since December.

Although, every other set that had limits reduced from 5 to 2 last fall are sold out and effectively retired (e.***. Town Hall, Arkham Asylum, Grand Emporium, R2, Haunted House).

HH before hallowee

SSD, R2D2 before episode 7

... so on

• Like 3

Pausing or slowing production is a real possibility to make the new set. I can see lego will want. Otherwise the house and the kiwi-e-mart on the shelve together but at some point shelf space will become limited and some items will have to go.

And now the limit is down more ppl will be hoarding and drive down supply.

But none the less I am still grabbing a few while it's still available.

For what is worth I managed to visit several stores (Toys Center-TRU- and indepenent stores) in northern Italy and all of them were out of town halls, pet shop,Sopwith C. but litterally filled up with the simpsons house.

I visit them regualarly and I've never found such quantity of simpsons house. those were clearly just arrived

One of them had SEACOW listed as "retired product" ; 30% off ; benny spaceship as well listed as retired. same discount

.... got 2 seacows for 169

I wondered how long it would take someone to push for Seacow EOL!

For me that would actually make some logical sense as the continuity of the lego movie line makes no real sense now the film hype is over.

By that rationale ToO should be gone by now...

I think I've followed this thread pretty well and still no one has a confirmed 2015 seal on ToO? I know lots of retaped seals from Dec. 2014, but a 2015 seal means I'd probably skip ordering another one or two during double VIP for other targets.

By that rationale ToO should be gone by now...

I think I've followed this thread pretty well and still no one has a confirmed 2015 seal on ToO? I know lots of retaped seals from Dec. 2014, but a 2015 seal means I'd probably skip ordering another one or two during double VIP for other targets.

At one of the lego stores I went to last week they only had a couple ToO left and they kept them in the back for "special requests". I'm not sure what to make of this except that its probably on the way out.