Retiring Soon - open speculation

I don't really understand why my question yesterday was moved to this thread. I wasn't speculating about any sets going EOL. I was simply asking how to find out about sets EOL status.

For a forum that has major topic overkill issues and has umpteen pointless topic sections the fussiness with tidying up is mind blowing. Whoever thinks having threads with 236 pages is a good thing is wrong.

what I gathered from post......"MODS and admins you are doing a crappy job running this site and I know what's best for this site because I have 9 posts". I'm not sure who moved your post but I will definitely find out and let them know you do not approve. My suggestion to you is if you feel you know how to run a FREE site any better you should stop wasting your time here and start your own.
  • Like 3

Please no. This is getting a little silly.

Completely silly.  

Just to put a little perspective and temper some enthusiasm, the last Sandcrawler 10144 was the last Star Wars set of that vintage I sold.  Every other Star Wars set I purchased in 2008 performed better than 10144.  Maybe this one will be different, but I would buy almost any other exclusive other than this one right now.

• Like 1

It looks to me like Lego has started trying to mess with resellers. 75055 Star Destroyer and 75054 AT-AT have been hard to come by as of late as well. Toys R Us didn't even have a shelf marker for them. They have only been out for 6 months. Both were "ships in 30 days" from LEGO Shop at Home back in December, came in stock for like two or three days this month and now 75055 is "ships in 30 days" again. I stand by my previous posts about the speculative bubble in that there is no bubble unless LEGO creates one. Well, looks like they might be starting to create that bubble. Pulling product that is only six months old is counter-productive. Unless you want to cause a false sense of EOL so that resellers go nuts trying to buy them up. Then re-release them again down the line. Sellers will already have blown their wad attempting to load up when they first went out. Now the average consumer can go buy them at retail again, leaving resellers holding the bag. Not to say the sets won't be good investments in the long term. But it would definitely cut out quick flips and make people think twice before hoarding up every available set. 

I don't really understand why my question yesterday was moved to this thread. I wasn't speculating about any sets going EOL. I was simply asking how to find out about sets EOL status.

For a forum that has major topic overkill issues and has umpteen pointless topic sections the fussiness with tidying up is mind blowing. Whoever thinks having threads with 236 pages is a good thing is wrong.

because ur a skank. :)

I think it's the QFLL behavior LEGO wants to curb. Quick-flipping competes with LEGO Shop at Home and other retail outlets. "Investment" and selling post-EOL promotes the value of their product as a collectible.

In other words, I'm paying attention to what smart members have been professing.

Pax.

Its funny we hear this a lot and I do get it and believe that's what they want but there production of these popular new release sets sure do not promote that belief.

Tumbler was only hot and selling for 4+ months at $75 over retail because of how they sold the product and the avenues they decided to do it.  

So you're next big flagship comes out and its been on backorder pretty much since it came out also selling for about $70+ over retail

The way the new minifig minecraft was sold promoted a big window for QFLL.  

And how is Elsa's castle not ready to go with huge numbers from the get go.  Until now where its available at Shop at Home the set has been unavailable at retail levels for the majority of 5-6 weeks.

If you didn't want QFLL going on then you would think there would be an abundance of sets available to the public in all avenues from the start.  I can't believe that after the Tumbler they can't gauge initial sales enough to have enough on hand for the first few months which would all but eliminate QF of sets.

Or does that initial false demand by shorting sets help sales overall after they come back in.  

• Like 2

you're welcome

I'm a part time qfll, part time lthl (long term high life), and part time WDIBT (Why did I buy that, this is the situation with the EDB).

I am one of the people on here who sees no issue with qfll, as if I find something that I can double my money on quickly, I usually feel that money is better when it is actually realized.

Its funny we hear this a lot and I do get it and believe that's what they want but there production of these popular new release sets sure do not promote that belief.

Tumbler was only hot and selling for 4+ months at $75 over retail because of how they sold the product and the avenues they decided to do it.  

So you're next big flagship comes out and its been on backorder pretty much since it came out also selling for about $70+ over retail

The way the new minifig minecraft was sold promoted a big window for QFLL.  

And how is Elsa's castle not ready to go with huge numbers from the get go.  Until now where its available at Shop at Home the set has been unavailable at retail levels for the majority of 5-6 weeks.

If you didn't want QFLL going on then you would think there would be an abundance of sets available to the public in all avenues from the start.  I can't believe that after the Tumbler they can't gauge initial sales enough to have enough on hand for the first few months which would all but eliminate QF of sets.

Or does that initial false demand by shorting sets help sales overall after they come back in.  

The QFLL (hee!) disrupted LEGO's forecasting capability, IMHO.  Plus, Elsa and Minecraft attracted QFLL who would not be selling LEGO otherwise.

Edited by Darth_Raichu