Retiring Soon - open speculation

Nothing special on the calendar for today either. Maybe they are doing a training day for newly hired crazy uncle button pressers.

I never get why companies do their maintenance during business hours - too tight to pay overtime for the IT guys, maybe?

Edited by valenciaeric

Nothing special on the calendar for today either. Maybe they are doing a training day for newly hired crazy uncle button pressers.

I never get why companies do their maintenance during business hours - too tight to pay overtime for the IT guys, maybe?

Problem is that LEGO is global and I think they will use visiting statistics to determine the lowest visitor time. With America in bed and Europe waking up on monday is probably the best timing to release a new update.

I doubt that system maintenance means they are retiring anything. You don't have to shut a whole website down for hours to slap the word retired on a few sets, or remove them completely.

Normally you don't have to shut a whole website if you need to change something - but Lego shop is not normal web site - this web site is horrible, with user un-friendly interface, it often has mistakes, cannot remember my payment data, with problematic android version, etc... most of our local web shops with limited budget has much better web sites...

Another story is their impotence to expand their web shop to other countries...

Edited by mesje

I doubt that system maintenance means they are retiring anything. You don't have to shut a whole website down for hours to slap the word retired on a few sets, or remove them completely.

This is lego we are talking about, it may very well require a full site outage. Or maybe it Just the fact that it's snowing again and the IT guy couldn't make it in ToO wake up the hamster.

On a more related not red5 expected date of March 27th. New production run in the works? Or just shipping extra stock from Europe? 2 months could be a production run in Europe...

This is lego we are talking about, it may very well require a full site outage. Or maybe it Just the fact that it's snowing again and the IT guy couldn't make it in ToO wake up the hamster.

You know you've been spending too much time on Brickpicker when this is your autocorrect - bravo!

• Like 5

You know you've been spending too much time on Brickpicker when this is your autocorrect - bravo!

was thinking the same thing... not the first time either...

back on the red5 and a 3+ month haitus from LEGO Shop at Home.  plenty of other exclusive have been produced and sold out again in this time frame.  I am wondering if either speculative EOL sales have given this new life, or if this is the start of limited runs for exclusive that keep them going.  Though given that many seal codes are still showing 2013 production, who knows what is going on over there.  

Edited by jay4e

I don't really understand why my question yesterday was moved to this thread. I wasn't speculating about any sets going EOL. I was simply asking how to find out about sets EOL status.

For a forum that has major topic overkill issues and has umpteen pointless topic sections the fussiness with tidying up is mind blowing. Whoever thinks having threads with 236 pages is a good thing is wrong.

For what it is worth... my research and analysis come to the same conclusion.

Just bought my first yesterday for $90 with TRU rewards and discount GC. Saw today they are out of stock. I figured we had at least another year on this one since it was introduced May 2014, but you guys are making me want to buy more now.. Shame on you!