Retiring Soon - open speculation

This has been a great read today!

You know, as a newer member to this forum I appreciate the advice of others and that is why these forums exist. I learn a ton going through threads but occasionally I may miss a nugget and ask an already asked question from time to time.

When this happens, there is no harm in simply NOT RESPONDING if you are so irritated by it. By answering the question in a brash manner, it appears as if you would like to belittle the member publicly while seeking approval from others. It's otherwise known as bullying.

But what do I know, my lego dude has a beanie on his head!

Edited by Yinchuan
  • Like 4

Fair enough.....I deal with scumbags on a daily basis and I do admit that at times my sarcasm and disdain for the human race that stems from my job probably shows here on the boards. Apologies if you were offended by shaking my head comment but it just grows old when members pander for info that usually be gathered by simply reading through the threads. Trust me I'm not the only one who feels this way but it appears that I'm the only one who wants to say it. Anyways I'm who I am and members just have to accept it and move on. Oh and unfortunately my undergraduate and graduate degrees are very real. I know this because of the 70,000 of student loans I'm stuck paying off and that's after over half has been forgiven because of the line of work I chose. Trust me I hear how over qualified I am for my job everyday considering only a GED is needed to pursue a career law enforcement. Also I wasn't broadcasting anything the other day, a member asked me to qualify one of my remarks and I stated my education as a reference, I'm hardly the one who boasts about my education since I'm not the only one here with a graduate degree.

First of all, thanks for your detailed answer! Knowing that the law enforcement comment was no joke too, puts things a bit in perspective for me, as well as my opinion on you. I do in fact appreciate that you give those idiots (out there) the treatment they deserve in your job - praising your effort might not be an overly popular opinion (not only in the US but even more in my country), but in my case it is real, that you can be sure of. However, the people IN HERE don't deserve a similar treatment! As I said, personally I understand "your style" of grumpy (I stay with that) commenting here better with the background info you gave, but that doesn't really take away from it being rather inappropriate oftentimes inside a community. I just don't like seeing friendly, harmless, peaceful (whatever you wanna call it) people getting answers like those coming from you now and then. Someone being too clumsy to use the search function, being confused, or even being a bit dumb deserves nowhere near reponses synonymous to "Just go die, you ugly motherf***er!". The saying goes "To each his own", not "To each the nightstick". People here mean no harm to anyone, that's the big difference between them and your main customers. Maybe some of us are in fact greedy. I wouldn't exclude me from that. In my case it's also because I simply dislike reading and always search for the shortest way to the info I seek, but that is another story. At least I try to contribute to the forum by posting some things I consider noteworthy from time to time. But I cannot offer much more since I don't know anyone working for Lego. Anyway, that is another topic and I don't say you're completely wrong with what you said before regrding this. Someone else may open another thread for that, but the demand for it might be very limited...

So, man, can't we all just get on well together? Be sarcastic, please. But can't you also please reduce giving literally innocent people a hard time out of nowhere? Keep it to those who really deserve it. Good Night.

• Like 1

This has been a great read today!

You know, as a newer member to this forum I appreciate the advice of others and that is why these forums exist. I learn a ton going through threads but occasionally I may miss a nugget and ask an already asked question from time to time.

When this happens, there is no harm in simply NOT RESPONDING if you are so irritated by it. By answering the question in a brash manner, it appears as if you would like to belittle the member publicly while seeking approval from others. It's otherwise known as bullying.

But what do I know, my lego dude has a beanie on his head!

I prefer propellorhead

I enjoyed him for most of my BP career before I finally came up with something only to jinx my team and have him traded away in less than 24 hours

such is life

Can't we all just get along?????

Probably not...

I am following this thread to read speculations about sets possibly retiring soon. But all I read are these useless discussions so I delete all the emails about this topic without reading them. So I might miss some crucial information. Can't you open a new topic somewhere so you can discuss and fight all day and all night? So this topic stays for what it is? Speculation about soon to be retired sets? Please? Thank you.

• Like 1

I was in my local non-official legostore yesterday and this is what I have noticed or not noticed:

Tower Bridge and Simpsons House were nowhere to be found.

What I did see were: HE, EEE, Red5, DS, SW, PC, PS, WVM, ToO, T1 and Mixer. Maybe some others I forgot to mention.

Hope this helps. 

I was in my local non-official legostore yesterday and this is what I have noticed or not noticed:

Tower Bridge and Simpsons House were nowhere to be found.

What I did see were: HE, EEE, Red5, DS, SW, PC, PS, WVM, ToO, T1 and Mixer. Maybe some others I forgot to mention.

Hope this helps.

Did you buy some HEs? I think this one might be about finished.