Retiring Soon - open speculation

Whether he has a source or he is repeating what he has read on Brickpicker (lol) I have heard this before.  I am not into Simpson's much but I wonder when this house does retire how successful will it be? Huge, Mild, not at all?  If what they said is true we have a Brickpicker member who has friends at the Mexico plant who say the new set looks great. The house that is going away at some point is currently ranked 1,152 in Amazon in Toys where ToO is ranked 2,514. Maybe that should say something. Maybe not.

I would expect some overlap with the two sets to help drive sales in the theme. It looks like TLG is heavily invested in The Simpons and we will continue to see other big sets made in the future. I think the sets will become collectible but they do not have universal appeal like the modulars. There are so many Lego friendly big sets that can be made for this theme (comic book guy store, springfield elementary, burns mansion, power plant etc) I can see why they made the decision to go all-in.

Stephen wasn't just referring to Ed's comments in the EEE thread. It is sometimes worthwhile to read non-Ed comments also for info. Find a pattern to help determine possible EOL info.

Not only might Stephen not just have been referring to Ed's comments in the EEE thread - but who knows, since there is so much info to be interpreted into in his response consisting of an amazing four letters (wow!) - he also seems to have no hard time limiting his constant misanthropic undertone a bit. What is so hard in maintaining a minimum of respect even to people with questions he subjectively regards as stupid? I know he likes to refer to "sarcasm" in those cases. That's one way to see it and it wonderfully justifies rude behaviour all the time, how very comfortable. If he would just call it loudmouthed grumpiness I would have less of a problem with his way. In a nutshell: "Normal" members would long have been banned for manners like his, and of course I do not only mean this one comment to me but many of his comments to many users.

Edited by rfish
  • Like 6

Excuse me for being a bit thick, but how do I find out if an item is officially retired?

So for example,

I go to shop.lego.com/en-gb/

In search I type "Elrond" and the only result is 79015 Witch King Battle

So I try typing in "79006" and my result is "Sorry, we did not find results for 79006"

What am I doing wrong?

Just thought I'll share my interaction with a Lego Store Employee from the last mini Build (for my Kids). 

Store: AZ, Arrowhead Mall

The Simpson line will receive soon the Kwik e Markt and then the Simpson House will go away. 

Scooby-Doo Mystery Van will be soon out in the stores, and the Echo-1 will be soon gone. 

Hope this helps. 

I would expect some overlap with the two sets to help drive sales in the theme. It looks like TLG is heavily invested in The Simpons and we will continue to see other big sets made in the future. I think the sets will become collectible but they do not have universal appeal like the modulars. There are so many Lego friendly big sets that can be made for this theme (comic book guy store, springfield elementary, burns mansion, power plant etc) I can see why they made the decision to go all-in.

Oh yeah.....and I love it.

Not only might Stephen not just have been referring to Ed's comments in the EEE thread - but who knows, since there is so much info to be interpreted into in his response consisting of an amazing four letters (wow!) - he also seems to have no hard time limiting his constant misanthropic undertone a bit. What is so hard in maintaining a minimum of respect even to people with questions he subjectively regards as stupid? I know he likes to refer to "sarcasm" in those cases. That's one way to see it and it wonderfully justifies rude behaviour all the time, how very comfortable. If he would just call it loudmouthed grumpiness I would have less of a problem with his way. In a nutshell: "Normal" members would long have been banned for manners like his, and of course I do not only mean this one comment to me but many of his comments to many users.

My "loudmouth grumpiness" as you so eloquently phrased it stems from members constantly wanting to be spoon fed information for no other purpose than to line their greedy little pockets. Are we here to make money? Sure, but if you and some other members would make it a little less obvious when begging for EOL info that would be great. Anyways sorry I don't have any big smart educated words to throw around, and if you wish to continue to express what a POS I am please feel free to message me. Thanks.

My "loudmouth grumpiness" as you so eloquently phrased it stems from members constantly wanting to be spoon fed information for no other purpose than to line their greedy little pockets. Are we here to make money? Sure, but if you and some other members would make it a little less obvious when begging for EOL info that would be great. Anyways sorry I don't have any big smart educated words to throw around, and if you wish to continue to express what a POS I am please feel free to message me. Thanks.

...I know how to make money, and people keep bothering me! What's up wid tat?

• Like 4

Stephen, I don't hate you. I appreciate your opinion. Only if you could express it in a more civil way more often. That "masters degree in psychology" you were broadcasting the other day - is it real? was it a joke aka sarcasm aka your "style"? who knows? - should not only enable you to (quote) "[throw around] any big smart words" if you wanted to (which you of course do not), but they should also make you capable of anticipating that some of your comments put members of this forum in discomfort for no reason. Other comments meanwhile appear like you were talking to a dog or something, not to a human being. I mean, reactions consisting of one or two words that are not far from "Down!", "Give!" or "Sit!", that's just not a great way of communicating. The more I think about it that PsyM must indeed have been a hoax. Or it is some kind of weird study exploring "The effects of permanent grumpiness on members of an internet community". However, I don't think you are a POS - and honestly I don't quite get why I should send you a message to tell you about it if I did. I just think you are a POG (Piece Of Grumpiness), that's it. You know what: Had you answered with what you wrote above right here the first time (instead of your original answer, being "SMDH") I would have had close to no problem at all. Mainly because I would have known what you mean right away.

Above you said "if you and some other members would make it a little less obvious when begging for EOL info that would be great." My question is: why? Everyone here is keen on EOL info and everyone knows it - in fact even the site's title reads "Lego price and investing GUIDE". Are you seriously po'ed of people taking that literally seeking plain GUIDANCE? Why should one sugarcoat asking for EOL info? What is your problem with people "begging" (as you expressed it) without putting lipstick on their questions? Is it because they, ok, say "we", don't "give anything back"? Being a regular user of this site clicking through all the info posted here fits the definition of giving something back quite well, don't you think? So, I don't really get what you mean - if it is a religious thing or so then please enlighten me. To me your argument of "It's OK to make money, but it's not OK to make easy money" sounds a bit contradictory or should I say pointless? Maybe it's even sarcastic. I don't know, you are the expert.

Edited by rfish
  • Like 6

I would say that a lot of people are given everything they need to succeed without any cost. That's a pretty good deal. But that doesn't seem to be enough for many. Clicking on links can be viewed as payment for the basic information that is provided. Beyond that, EOL info is pretty valuable. I wouldn't just give it away for free.

• Like 1

Stephen, I don't hate you. I appreciate your opinion. Only if you could express it in a more civil way more often. That "masters degree in psychology" you were broadcasting the other day - is it real? was it a joke aka sarcasm aka your "style"? who knows? - should not only enable you to (quote) "[throw around] any big smart words" if you wanted to (which you of course do not), but they should also make you capable of anticipating that some of your comments put members of this forum in discomfort for no reason. Other comments meanwhile appear like you were talking to a dog or something, not to a human being. I mean, reactions consisting of one or two words that are not far from "Down!", "Give!" or "Sit!", that's just not a great way of communicating. The more I think about it that PsyM must indeed have been a hoax. Or it is some kind of weird study exploring "The effects of permanent grumpiness on members of an internet community". However, I don't think you are a POS - and honestly I don't quite get why I should send you a message to tell you about it if I did. I just think you are a POG (Piece Of Grumpiness), that's it. You know what: Had you answered with what you wrote above right here the first time (instead of your original anwer, being "SMDH") I would have had close to no problem at all. Mainly because I would have known what you mean right away.

Above you said "if you and some other members would make it a little less obvious when begging for EOL info that would be great." My question is: why? Everyone here is keen on EOL info and everyone knows it - in fact even the site's title reads "Lego price and investing GUIDE". Are you seriously po'ed of people taking that literally seeking plain GUIDANCE? Why should one sugarcoat asking for EOL info? What is your problem with people "begging" (as you expressed it) without putting lipstick on their questions? Is it because they, ok, say "we", don't "give anything back"? Being a regular user of this site clicking through all the info posted here fits the definition of giving something back quite well, don't you think? So, I don't know really get what you mean - if it is a religious thing or so then please enlighten me. To me your argument of "It's OK to make money, but it's not OK to make easy money" sounds a bit contradictory or should I say pointless? Maybe it's even sarcastic. I don't know, you are the expert.

Fair enough.....I deal with scumbags on a daily basis and I do admit that at times my sarcasm and disdain for the human race that stems from my job probably shows here on the boards. Apologies if you were offended by shaking my head comment but it just grows old when members pander for info that usually be gathered by simply reading through the threads. Trust me I'm not the only one who feels this way but it appears that I'm the only one who wants to say it. Anyways I'm who I am and members just have to accept it and move on. Oh and unfortunately my undergraduate and graduate degrees are very real. I know this because of the 70,000 of student loans I'm stuck paying off and that's after over half has been forgiven because of the line of work I chose. Trust me I hear how over qualified I am for my job everyday considering only a GED is needed to pursue a career law enforcement. Also I wasn't broadcasting anything the other day, a member asked me to qualify one of my remarks and I stated my education as a reference, I'm hardly the one who boasts about my education since I'm not the only one here with a graduate degree.
  • Like 4

I say it too and I wouldn't mind it if folks would do some reading.  These EOL topics are covered daily, hourly, and sometimes by the minute.  There's plenty of discussion on here about almost every set, especially exclusives.  I don't think anyone should expect an overly nice or ambitious member to provide sets, dates, times, future price speculation, etc.  If you expect anyone to do this, all you'll get is a 90% guesstimate.  The randomness of EOL has also been discussed to a great degree and LEGO has proven to be very good at keeping most of the real information close to their chest. Sit back do some reading, but please don't expect this valuable information to be spoon fed to you daily.

These are general statements geared towards all members and not pointed at anyone specific.

• Like 1