Retiring Soon - open speculation

Ed Mack, your sources have been rather quiet after the big EOL wave end of last year. Did you for example know about EEE retiring? Are there any new rumors coming up?

Your best bet would be to go back and read page 1-22 of the 10241 - Maersk Triple-E thread.  It oultlines the history of the LEGO Maersk line, life cycles, production runs, positives/negatives, and EOL speculation.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/5924-10241-maersk-triple-e/

Your best bet would be to go back and read page 1-22 of the 10241 - Maersk Triple-E thread.  It oultlines the history of the LEGO Maersk line, life cycles, production runs, positives/negatives, and EOL speculation.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/5924-10241-maersk-triple-e/

I did not follow that thread at all because I had no interest in this set. My question was more relating to upcoming EOLs, just ignore the EEE part.

You might want to speculate like the rest of us.  for those of us who "hear things", it's not always accurate.   additionally, we can't hound our friendly "informers".  when people "hear things" that can be shared, they usually post it.

I did not follow that thread at all because I had no interest in this set. My question was more relating to upcoming EOLs, just ignore the EEE part.

EEE has been in stock and not selling according to what I "heard".  They sold ok when they came back into B&M back in Nov/Dec whenever it was after being out of stores for almost 7-8 months and now they have stalled big time.  That is what I am "hearing" these days about it.  

fact that I have been asked to buy it the last 2 visits would lead me to believe that is true.  Not something that usually happens.

The fact that it is the one set that didn't go back order from what I remember online also says something (could be wrong about that but every time I look it says available now)

Good news is that is about the only 2 places you can purchase it.

Speculate away!

EEE has been in stock and not selling according to what I "heard".  They sold ok when they came back into B&M back in Nov/Dec whenever it was after being out of stores for almost 7-8 months and now they have stalled big time.  That is what I am "hearing" these days about it.  

fact that I have been asked to buy it the last 2 visits would lead me to believe that is true.  Not something that usually happens.

The fact that it is the one set that didn't go back order from what I remember online also says something (could be wrong about that but every time I look it says available now)

Good news is that is about the only 2 places you can purchase it.

Speculate away!

Last year during the holidays and the Spring lull, it was out of stock on S@H then.

Here's where super exclusive exclusives hurts LEGO. Sometimes, you have to have a big ol' pile of something in customers' faces to sell it. With EEE collecting dust in limited venues, well... I'm not sure what it means for retirement, but I suspect it's this year. I can't imagine LEGO made a EEE worth of EEE.

Maybe they should just take them off the shelf for another few months and see how many sell?

I think Lego 10220 T1 is retiring. 2 months and the thing will be completely vanished here in Europe.

It's OK, everybody buys TB, PS or whatever, I bought dozen of T1 at a nice discount (75 - 80 euro per set) because I think this thing is standing on its last legs.

I think Lego 10220 T1 is retiring. 2 months and the thing will be completely vanished here in Europe.

It's OK, everybody buys TB, PS or whatever, I bought dozen of T1 at a nice discount (75 - 80 euro per set) because I think this thing is standing on its last legs.

Really?  OK...If you say so.  I'll have to keep an eye on that one.  Thanks for the tip.

• Like 2